Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead Pedal?

Kimmi

Nov 30, 2020
West Covina California
Source to match factory performance pedals with the raised rubber ribs? I thought I saw one advertised, but I cannot find it again. Everything I see just has cutouts in the metal.

TomaGo

Mar 25, 2019
France
Capture d’écran 2021-01-19 à 15.26.14.png
Capture d’écran 2021-01-19 à 15.26.45.png
I think this one is perfect : Tesla Model 3 dead pedal

Or a Set with the 3 pedals : Tesla Model 3 aluminum pedals

f308gt4

May 21, 2020
SoCal

I’ve got this one. Looks good and matches the stock pedals on my M3P. Note, if you have a 2020 or later model with the carpet, you need to remove the adhesive backing (came off pretty easily for me), and add some heavy-duty velcro strips to the back. That way, it will stick nicely to the carpet. If you look at the reviews on the amazon link above, you will see a picture of someone who removed the adhesive and added Velcro.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt

f308gt4

May 21, 2020
SoCal
True dead pedal will mount directly to a frame member or other solid structure. Putting carpet between the frame and the pedal surface defeats the purpose of the dead pedal..giving direct chassis feedback to the driver.

My car isn’t a race car... ;)

I didn’t like the look of the plain carpet over the dead pedal area and for my uses, I don’t need a “true” dead pedal. The one I got looks better than carpet, IMO.

SDM44

Aug 9, 2019
Los Angeles
Note, if you have a 2020 or later model with the carpet, you need to remove the adhesive backing (came off pretty easily for me), and add some heavy-duty velcro strips to the back. That way, it will stick nicely to the carpet. If you look at the reviews on the amazon link above, you will see a picture of someone who removed the adhesive and added Velcro.

The picture on Amazon only shows they added velcro on the upper & lower parts of the dead pedal. I have that same dead pedal and I put industrial strength loop velcro on the entire pedal, including on the slide lip that bends (cost like $5 from Home Depot), and it sticks well to the carpet and will not move at all. I wish I took pics of that but I didn't. Even when I've put a lot of force on the dead pedal (like when braking hard), it doesn't shift or move at all.

Here's my Amazon dead pedal with 2017-19 floor mats, on my 2020 SR+ (before I wrapped my dash).

Mats-1.jpg

Reactions: TomaGo and f308gt4

f308gt4

May 21, 2020
SoCal
The picture on Amazon only shows they added velcro on the upper & lower parts of the dead pedal. I have that same dead pedal and I put industrial strength loop velcro on the entire pedal, including on the slide lip that bends (cost like $5 from Home Depot), and it sticks well to the carpet and will not move at all. I wish I took pics of that but I didn't. Even when I've put a lot of force on the dead pedal (like when braking hard), it doesn't shift or move at all.

Here's my Amazon dead pedal with 2017-19 floor mats, on my 2020 SR+ (before I wrapped my dash).

Thanks for the info and pic. I put the Velcro on top, bottom, and also a big piece in the middle section. I didn’t put any on the side lip. Mine feels pretty sturdy as well. No issues even with hard braking.

Reactions: TBrownTX

elptxjc

Dec 15, 2019
El Paso, TX
I like that look better than our 2021 LR, but I'd have to change the pedals, buy the dead pedal, and buy new floor mats. So guess I'll leave it alone. If it was my car, maybe I'd do all of that, but bought it for my wife, and she couldn't care less. Ha ha.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC