Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debating adding FSD to existing order at $10K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing to take in mind, which has been brought up by others on TMC, other manufacturers that have L1 or L2 features require you to upgrade to a higher trim in order to get them.

In that case though, it makes it a better deal. If FSD came stock with Tesla's performance trims, then I'd say it might actually be worth it. As it stands, I don't value the P or the FSD.

Reactions: 2101Guy
No you can add the performance boast via app. Likely you wouldn’t want that though.
I can get an acceleration boost for my Y that supposedly improves the 0-60 time from 4.8 to 4.2 seconds for $2000. The performance version has a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds so it's not quite the same but it's also $3000 cheaper and quite honestly, even 4.8 seconds is pretty darned fast and easily enough to smoke almost every other car on the road anyway. I can't see that even the $2000 is worth it.

Reactions: PACEMD
  • Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
I think it’s a weird love hate with the FSD. You know the saying, “you don’t know what you don’t know” I feel like paying $10k for FSD gave me a true experience and a lesson that FSD in its current state isn’t worth $10k. It’s an expensive lesson but without paying for the lesson, I would’ve never truly known how I feel about it.

It’s not something you can experience and make a solid opinion about in a day or two. You have to play with the gimmicky features, evaluate how often you use them over a certain period of time, play with the beta, use it in different conditions and situations, and then make your own personal opinion of the entire package and what it has to offer today.

Go for it, my only regret with getting it on the initial order was not realizing i'd pay less in registration if I bought it after I got the car... but if you're locked in to the 10k price then it's worth it, it's hopefully not going down in price so it's at least a decent investment.

Reactions: Firocity
I think it’s a weird love hate with the FSD. You know the saying, “you don’t know what you don’t know” I feel like paying $10k for FSD gave me a true experience and a lesson that FSD in its current state isn’t worth $10k. It’s an expensive lesson but without paying for the lesson, I would’ve never truly known how I feel about it.
FOMO.

I am very into tech and can see the potential in the software.
So, you may like it. But there are a lot of techies who don't like testing.

A couple of questions, those that are on Beta, do we realistically think that Beta will be opened up for everyone by the end of the year (as of now they are not allowing anyone else in). Do we think the subscription price will hold at $199 for some time or do we see steady increases there (at some point it if it's too much they won't have subscribers)? Would you say the resale value on it is 50%? Wondering if it is worth the $10K upfront cost now to lock it in if I plan to keep the car at least 7 years.
I think the most important thing about FSD Beta is that it is a test software. Are you into testing .... ?

Don't buy for the future .... because future is highly uncertain. Your 10k today in $TSLA is likely to be worth a lot more in a year than $10k in FSD.

I bought FSD to participate in the journey - knowing it will be a very bumpy road. Think of it as a $10k hobby.

You mean it may be more jerky, less refined, and the driver may not be as relaxed as it appears?
It drives extremely cautiously (when its not running into poles and airplanes and crossing double yellow lines) which makes perfect sense. And sure, you can certainly ignore the long angry horn honks behind you and middle fingers as FSD creeps and takes it time making moves. But chances are, you'll end up switching it off and taking over and just driving in a more natural manner.