Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my EDD time slipped again back to 11/2022 - 02/2023🤦‍♂️🙇‍♂️
Something is for sure wrong that you have an EDD date 1 yr later then order/profile date. Make sure you dont have any outstanding Finance or Trade in offers. Set Payment method to CASH so it does not expire and Trade-in to no trade in. Both of these can be chanced once you have a VIN. They make no sense prior to VIN and can cause EDD to push out, if they expire.

Something is for sure wrong that you have an EDD date 1 yr later then order/profile date. Make sure you dont have any outstanding Finance or Trade in offers. Set Payment method to CASH so it does not expire and Trade-in to no trade in. Both of these can be chanced once you have a VIN. They make no sense prior to VIN and can cause EDD to push out, if they expire.
Same here. I ordered end of Dec and my EDD moved from May-June to June-July, now it is Nov 2022-Feb 2023. The same as if I just ordered one today which I find strange.

• Helpful
Reactions: Stardew
I slipped into the same time frame almost. July 10 - Aug 21 OD: 12/3 MYLR7 MSM/blk 20”/ Tow/ No FSD. My sister ordered a 7 seater in mid November with same date range. What’s your build/Order date? Looks like Dec might just be July/Aug. I’m super bummed about it.
I have the Exact EDD as yours.. OD: 11/10 MY LR MSM/blk 20". it was may-jun and moved to July 10-Aug 21.. probably it has to do with MSM?

You just moved to Nov - Feb last week you said. Unless you had a expired Finance or trade in offer, it will bounce back
This is what I think too. Mine did the same thing, moved to Nov22-Feb23. Makes no sense other than everyone here getting same and from reports from here and the MY group on facebook, typically once it moves that far out, within a couple weeks, vin. so cross fingers.

Reactions: Stardew and Jackk36
I have the Exact EDD as yours.. OD: 11/10 MY LR MSM/blk 20". it was may-jun and moved to July 10-Aug 21.. probably it has to do with MSM?
I feel like there is no rhyme or reason to any of this anymore. Tesla has ramped up production in Freemont over capacity somehow, and opened another factory and EDDs are still being pushed for most. I have lost all hope of getting it anytime soon.

This isn’t the only brand new car I have purchased and that wait was difficult for me also. I had a Mini built for me, but got my Vin early and knew where it was in manufacturing etc. it took I believe around three months to get it. I almost forgot we ordered the Tesla until the end of April seeing as I had an April EDD at one point and now I am just so fed up with this process and seeing how order dates don’t matter. I don’t know what to tell anyone… I tried texting my SA over the weekend and still haven’t gotten a response. Besides all this craziness the company wants me to pick up the car 6 hours away. The car really isn’t this special. It was just time to retire one of the 10 year old cars we have and upgrade to a four door electric. I’ve lost patience and love for this car and I haven’t even owned it. I get sad everytime I even think about losing my Mini; too bad their electric range blows and doesn’t have four doors or I would be gone already!

I feel like there is no rhyme or reason to any of this anymore. Tesla has ramped up production in Freemont over capacity somehow, and opened another factory and EDDs are still being pushed for most. I have lost all hope of getting it anytime soon.

This isn’t the only brand new car I have purchased and that wait was difficult for me also. I had a Mini built for me, but got my Vin early and knew where it was in manufacturing etc. it took I believe around three months to get it. I almost forgot we ordered the Tesla until the end of April seeing as I had an April EDD at one point and now I am just so fed up with this process and seeing how order dates don’t matter. I don’t know what to tell anyone… I tried texting my SA over the weekend and still haven’t gotten a response. Besides all this craziness the company wants me to pick up the car 6 hours away. The car really isn’t this special. It was just time to retire one of the 10 year old cars we have and upgrade to a four door electric. I’ve lost patience and love for this car and I haven’t even owned it. I get sad everytime I even think about losing my Mini; too bad their electric range blows and doesn’t have four doors or I would be gone already!
Trust me I get the frustration too. They are amazing cars but some things just don’t make sense that they do. How is it if I order a car now it’s the same delivery timeframe as if I ordered it a year ago?

Reactions: Alittleglow
This is what I think too. Mine did the same thing, moved to Nov22-Feb23. Makes no sense other than everyone here getting same and from reports from here and the MY group on facebook, typically once it moves that far out, within a couple weeks, vin. so cross fingers.
My OD was 11/4/21 and I completed my profile, but I did not decline the trade in offer until late December, so I’m assuming I’m with the December orders. My EDD moved to Jan-Apr 2023 last Tuesday and still hasn’t bounced back. Im set to cash and my profile is complete.

I see now several people in the October, November, and December forums are posting similar delays. Whether it’s a system recalibration issue or a true manufacturing delay is anyone’s guess.

Judging from a cursory view of the October and November groups, the October group are receiving VINs. Personally, I'm looking forward to an early or mid July VIN. I expected at least a 6-7 month wait when I ordered.