Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham MA waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! Glad to know that everything went over smoothly. What is this "delivery kit" you are talking about. Is it just things like checklist, torch (in case it gets dark), etc?
Just a copy of a "checklist", a small and a large flashlight, my USB setup with splitters and memory chips, the jack pads that might be needed for an inspection, some paperwork, my checkbook, pens, etc., plus a small collection of stuff coming from my old car. Most was not needed, but when you have a year to think about possibilities, that's what happens. I'm still going through other piles of stuff around the house, like floor mats and tire repair kits.

I've been pleasantly surprised that my Samsung S8 has worked perfectly, Slacker connects properly with my account, and there is no vampire drain. The cameras "calibrated" in about 45 miles, and everything seems to work just fine!

I placed an order last Sunday and was informed I’d be slated for delivery next Wednesday (10 days total). I’m a little suspicious given many waiting for delivery to Dedham! Also, have nothing arranged in terms of charger install, car sale etc. Anyone have any thoughts about the fast timeline? My DA is not responding even to requests to push till the weekend - it’s like they don’t know what Rte 128 traffic is like on a Wednesday...

Ha, finally a MA waiting room.

msm / m3d (no perf) / black prem / aeros / full auto

Im a 3/31 res holder but confusingly ordered in store 7/28 with order rev 8/10 to add FSD, just don't ask...
9/14 got pinged to app for financing, got IDA, etc.
9/25-30 got the "can you take delivery?!?!" barrage of texts and spam.
10/14 got the "hey you're a 3/31 res holder but we noticed that you don't have a car, so if you want to pay 1500$ more we can get you one tomorrow" call.
10/19 got an unofficial VIN from my IDA
10/21 scheduled delivery 11/17
11/07 got call that my 11/17 10am appt won't work has to be 2pm or later because dedham doesn't do deliveries in the AM anymore?

I could understand afternoon delivery since there has been frost on cars in morning. I would actually push for afternoon delivery to allow better inspection of paint.
There is certainly the chance of morning frost but its usually burned off by 10AM. On the other hand, I came at 1PM on Thursday, and it was getting dark at my "orientation" at about 4:30! I had found my car at 3 and did an "unauthorized" inspection then.

The "no deliveries before 2" was in force last week but deliveries were happening when I got there at 1.

My DA has been a ghost (thinking of calling the police), but my OA told me that Dedham will no longer be doing Saturday or Sunday deliveries after this week; and they'll also be switching to 1:30 to 4:30 delivery windows only. The OA has been a pretty stand-up and honest guy so far, and I don't really see any particular reason for him to lie on this. I just had to laugh... this is literally the worst customer experience service I've ever had to take 60 grand. "Drive out to Dedham during rush hour, and then enjoy your stop-and-go ride back up 128 to Boston while desperately hoping no masshole rear-ends your brand new car."

My DA has been a ghost (thinking of calling the police), but my OA told me that Dedham will no longer be doing Saturday or Sunday deliveries after this week; and they'll also be switching to 1:30 to 4:30 delivery windows only. The OA has been a pretty stand-up and honest guy so far, and I don't really see any particular reason for him to lie on this. I just had to laugh... this is literally the worst customer experience service I've ever had to take 60 grand. "Drive out to Dedham during rush hour, and then enjoy your stop-and-go ride back up 128 to Boston while desperately hoping no masshole rear-ends your brand new car."

What’s an OA? Do I have one? :). I’m glad I’ve got my Saturday morning delivery, sounds like the last one of its kind.

Oh man, y'all have me worried. Delivery this Saturday 11/17, but no DA contact yet. I have a VIN and an OA who I've been in communication with about other things, though. Going to give the Dedham store a call today to see if I'm still good to go for Saturday.

Oh man, y'all have me worried. Delivery this Saturday 11/17, but no DA contact yet. I have a VIN and an OA who I've been in communication with about other things, though. Going to give the Dedham store a call today to see if I'm still good to go for Saturday.

I've been unable to get anyone from phone tree option 4 "new car delivery." Suggest trying option 3 sales after option 4 fails 1-2x - twice now the salesperson has walked over to delivery to get answers for me. The sales team shares our frustration with delivery...

ETA: In case anyone thinks I'm being a nut - delivery was scheduled weeks earlier than expected, on a day where I'm traveling internationally, no trade-in information has been offered after a week, and I'm still not 100% confident I can get a charger installed. I'm pretty easy-going, but this has been a Very Bad experience.

Now that I’ve got a VIN I’m trying to figure out insurance. Do you know who my agent should talk to to get an RMV-1? Not sure if it’s the service center or my IDA.
The business office at Tesla Dedham handles everything. They will fax the info to the agent who will return a fax. EV plates will be supplied by Tesla unless you already have plates. You should talk to your agent to verify this and make sure they know how much insurance to put on. BTW, the first hint I had that my car was actually in Dedham for delivery was an email from my agent that they had received a fax from Tesla. When I got there we had a small change, which changed the sales tax and hence the RMV-1. This was all handled by the business office with fax and emails in about 30 minutes.

The business office at Tesla Dedham handles everything. They will fax the info to the agent who will return a fax. EV plates will be supplied by Tesla unless you already have plates. You should talk to your agent to verify this and make sure they know how much insurance to put on. BTW, the first hint I had that my car was actually in Dedham for delivery was an email from my agent that they had received a fax from Tesla. When I got there we had a small change, which changed the sales tax and hence the RMV-1. This was all handled by the business office with fax and emails in about 30 minutes.

Thanks! If I could ask one more question, who should I send my agent too. Do yo have the number for the Dedham business office? My agent is asking me for an email address or someone to start this process. - Thanks

Well, looks like my delivery for the 19th is off. My IDA had called me on Friday and said my car was "in Massachusetts". Figured I'd give Dedham a call to see if I could take delivery sooner and the guy I spoke with today said that my car is STILL in California. I was assigned this VIN on 10/3, was told it'd be in Mass originally by 10/22, then 10/26, then 11/3, then 11/18, and now the estimate (according to the guy from Dedham) is 11/25. I'm sure that will be another missed date too.

This is starting to get really frustrating especially considering how close we're getting to the end of the year. My IDA doesn't answer his calls and often doesn't respond to emails. Anyone know if there's anyway I can get this escalated somehow? I'm a patient person and I've been kind to my IDA and everyone that I've spoken to along the way, but yeah this is staring to get ridiculous.

Thanks! If I could ask one more question, who should I send my agent too. Do yo have the number for the Dedham business office? My agent is asking me for an email address or someone to start this process. - Thanks
I only have the main Dedham number - (781) 471-3001. I never had much luck getting through to sales there, but business may have an entry in the phone tree. My agent told me not to worry, they will call us because that's the only way they sell a car! I'm not sure if Saturday is an issue though.

I drove by the back lot yesterday and they had absolutely no vehicles in stock. I was surprised to see it so empty. Also, Dedham has never done Sunday deliveries. You can’t in this state since DMV or RMV is closed. You can in many other states with temporary plates.

I drove by the back lot yesterday and they had absolutely no vehicles in stock. I was surprised to see it so empty. Also, Dedham has never done Sunday deliveries. You can’t in this state since DMV or RMV is closed. You can in many other states with temporary plates.

I just spoke to them, you guys got me nervous. They are holding cars in lots elsewhere and reconfirmed my car is in one of those lots.