Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham MA waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were likely there at the same time. Sorry you didn’t get your car. Mine was there, somehow, and we took delivery. There are definitely some quality issues across Model 3s. We compared ours to some others on the lot and some weirdness was present on every one of them. However... if I spent an hour going over the exterior of any car I’d find something guaranteed.

The better news: the quality of the Dedham staff was unreal. Despite insanity (50 deliveries today, 70 tomorrow, and almost no lot to store them on) the staff were positive, upbeat, and kind. We identified 4 problems with the car based on the infamous checklists; they spent 20 minutes inspecting them and then called out a service manager who had just spent a few months on the production line in Fremont to talk us through various points. Talk to Jose if you have issues - he is the man.

Every problem we identified was a problem any car could have had, and I never would have noticed except for my paranoia because “Tesla has bad build quality”

Drove the car home along terrifying back streets back into Boston and the only issue was the insane massholes who don’t know what a double yellow means.

So - sorry to those who didn’t get their cars today, but everyone at Dedham seemed super committed to creating a good experience. Good luck all... and fingers crossed my doors don’t freeze tonight...

• Informative
Reactions: amhcaveman
I’m convinced @hithian that they knew all along the car wasn’t there. If you live in Boston why would they do home delivery? Dedham isn’t that far.

I don’t really usually defend corporations but in this case it feels warranted. The manager there kept having to explain - he didn’t have the trucking manifests from RI and he couldn’t confirm which cars were on the truck. He was clearly ultra frustrated to have to keep delivering bad news, and obviously also wanted to make people happy. I don’t think there’s a conspiracy here. Just bad logistics.

I’m convinced @hithian that they knew all along the car wasn’t there. If you live in Boston why would they do home delivery? Dedham isn’t that far.

I’m actually more inclined to @Bleedblue82 theory. Those guys were truly swamped and in a room of pissed of expensive car buyers but they remained upbeat and were doing their best. It was hilarious because they honestly weren’t sure where any of the cars were and were constantly checking the computer to see how close the trucks were.

I’m actually in Medway not Boston, either way about 30 min from Dedham which isn’t a big deal.

@Toddsquad are you getting winter tires put on at delivery? I tried to organize that with my delivery and given the insanity I’m doing it separately now.

I’m actually more inclined to @Bleedblue82 theory. Those guys were truly swamped and in a room of pissed of expensive car buyers but they remained upbeat and were doing their best. It was hilarious because they honestly weren’t sure where any of the cars were and were constantly checking the computer to see how close the trucks were.

I’m actually in Medway not Boston, either way about 30 min from Dedham which isn’t a big deal.

@Toddsquad are you getting winter tires put on at delivery? I tried to organize that with my delivery and given the insanity I’m doing it separately now.
It takes them 2 seconds to ping your cars location. I wasted 2 days of my life for them to finally ping my car and see it was still in CA. For people driving in further, especially the Wednesday before thanksgiving, I would ask them to ping car before coming in. Traffic will be a nightmare and you will be extremely disappointed if car is not there. I don’t know what I’m doing about winter tires at this point. I was planning on Black Friday tsportline deal. But I really don’t know what I’m doing about my car since I don’t know when I’ll get one. If not soon, I’m cancelling.

• Helpful
Reactions: S5S5G6
It takes them 2 seconds to ping your cars location. I wasted 2 days of my life for them to finally ping my car and see it was still in CA. For people driving in further, especially the Wednesday before thanksgiving, I would ask them to ping car before coming in. Traffic will be a nightmare and you will be extremely disappointed if car is not there. I don’t know what I’m doing about winter tires at this point. I was planning on Black Friday tsportline deal. But I really don’t know what I’m doing about my car since I don’t know when I’ll get one. If not soon, I’m cancelling.

If I had driven a good distance to get to Dedham vs what I did I would be pretty mad as well. I wish they would just put your cars location on the website, for such a high tech company they should be able to track the cars in real time and provide that information to you. I don't need a detailed street address, but tell me what state the car is in and within a mile or two. Now the website is just back to Sept-Nov delivery with no details or mention of home delivery at all.

I went with their aero winter, which Tesla had said would be easy to time the install to my cars delivery, essentially doing both at once. I now fully expect to be back in dedham a day or so after finally getting my car to actual get the tires put on.

Well it’s almost showtime (1P today Sat 11/17)...
  • Got the same email as others have about tentatively no car — I replied with some concern - sounds like they will take care of me if we get stranded there (no trade, ubering in from across the state, fun fun).
  • My MVPA is still wrong — IDA said she has written commit that they will resolve at delivery.
  • Website finally tripped over to “pay up sucka” , so that’s promising.
I’ve actually got everything ready, garage floor liner installed, 14-50 waiting, the parts I ordered arrived, my insurance agent even has a VIN on the policy...so I assume that there’s no way I will actually get my car today.
No way it could all truly line up like this lol. Will post up later on with results.

This is the part where you wish me good luck :)

Oh and for those who care:
7/28 order
8/13 rev to add FSD
9/14 apply for financing
9/29 fakeout delivery coordination/spam texts
10/17 prompted to re-apply for financing again (and yes it hit my @#% credit 2x)
11/17 scheduled delivery (#1)
MSM AWD (no-p) Aeros / black int., and the best IDA in the world.

• Got the same email as others have about tentatively no car — I replied with some concern - sounds like they will take care of me if we get stranded there (no trade, ubering in from across the state, fun fun).
  • My MVPA is still wrong — IDA said she has written commit that they will resolve at delivery.
I’ve actually got everything ready, garage floor liner installed, 14-50 waiting, the parts I ordered arrived, my insurance agent even has a VIN on the policy...so I assume that there’s no way I will actually get my car today.
No way it could all truly line up like this lol. Will post up later on with results.

7/28 order
8/13 rev to add FSD
9/14 apply for financing
10/17 prompted to re-apply for financing again (and yes it hit my @#% credit 2x)

Good luck!!!

• Love
Has anyone who has a Friday/Saturday appointment to do the rmv-1 but ended up with home delivery gotten any details as to when? They told me Sunday or Monday for the delivery but were vague when I asked for specifics. I’d assume they actually want to deliver the car quickly!

7/28 order
8/13 rev to add FSD
9/14 apply for financing
Good luck! Hope you’ve gotten your car and left by the time I show up around 3:45 for my 5pm appointment.

• Love
Ordered Blue LR M3 AWD EAP on 8/28
False alarm text in late September crazy end of the 3rd quarter
Vin assigned with appointment for 11/24
New VIN assigned this week for 12/3 4 pm delivery
Employees have been great so far. What’s the best check off list to use? I understand build quality has improved, but to catch issues at time of delivery if possible.

Ordered Blue LR M3 AWD EAP on 8/28
False alarm text in late September crazy end of the 3rd quarter
Vin assigned with appointment for 11/24
New VIN assigned this week for 12/3 4 pm delivery
Employees have been great so far. What’s the best check off list to use? I understand build quality has improved, but to catch issues at time of delivery if possible.

What caused the new VIN assignment?

Good luck! Hope you’ve gotten your car and left by the time I show up around 3:45 for my 5pm appointment.
Thanks! At this point I’d say show up at 5:30. I goofed and our appt was 2p not 1P, but doesn’t matter, it’s 3pm and there are still 1:30’s in the queue to sign paperwork.

We did confirm my car is here though, so I’m cool.
There are definitely others here who are not happy about it and are making it known <eyeroll>.

Staff is cool and overworked but helpful!

Finally found something more comical than the “I’m gonna cancel” posts!

It’s sitting in Tesla delivery with 55 or so of your closest friends...who are all on the same M3 journey...listening to someone loudly threatening to cancel because they are here and their car isn’t.

Like Nike says, just do it then.
Get someone else their car that much faster.

• Funny
Reactions: homer214
Finally found something more comical than the “I’m gonna cancel” posts!

It’s sitting in Tesla delivery with 55 or so of your closest friends...who are all on the same M3 journey...listening to someone loudly threatening to cancel because they are here and their car isn’t.

Like Nike says, just do it then.
Get someone else their car that much faster.

I wonder how many times that person has been through this adventure and waited for a car that didn’t work out. I think @Toddsquad likely has a few times. I’m actually a bit relieved about the home delivery, means I won’t have to go back and wait again at Dedham.

How are people coming from ICE cars handling registration and getting EV plates? I'm probably selling my VW to carmax before my delivery. Do I cancel my registration and return my mom EV plates and assume that Tesla will get me ev plates?

Well, that sucked. Showed up to check in at 4:45 and was pretty much immediately told that my car didn’t make it from Rhode Island in time. Moved to delivery on Tuesday, with the potential for home delivery on Monday (glad I work 2 miles from home). I’m pretty bummed, but was assured my car was arriving tonight and really only spent about 15 minutes there. I’ll take that over waiting a couple hours only to be sent home with no car.

Well, that sucked. Showed up to check in at 4:45 and was pretty much immediately told that my car didn’t make it from Rhode Island in time. Moved to delivery on Tuesday, with the potential for home delivery on Monday (glad I work 2 miles from home). I’m pretty bummed, but was assured my car was arriving tonight and really only spent about 15 minutes there. I’ll take that over waiting a couple hours only to be sent home with no car.

Definitely better than hours. Did they confirm the home delivery or just promise to call/text you later?