Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a trade-in dilemma since 2 weeks I got a call from the blues to inform me about removal of trade-in option. When I asked them for delivery estimate the guy told me that your car is already waiting for you in delivery center and we can arrange a delivery next week. I said wow thats fast! I though I dont even have VIN number assigned and not available on profile but there is a car actually assigned for me.

Ordered August 13, No reservation. Estimated delivery in 7 days...
Probably could get the car sooner if I did not opted for trade-in.

RWD DBM AERO PUP, NON-EAP, NON-FSD

Hopefully if there will be no further delays or defects with car I am gonna drive it next weekend...

It's funny how some recent people have gotten VIN's before they even scheduled delivery,

My delivery is scheduled for next week, and I still don't have a VIN.

Same here. 9/13 delivery, still no VIN.I figure I'll let it slide and see if they let us know by the end of this week.

For both: Are they refusing to release your VIN over the phone or are you waiting to see it on the website? I called the 888 number and they gave me the VIN#, then when I finally talked to my IDA he confirmed it and scheduled delivery.

For both: Are they refusing to release your VIN over the phone or are you waiting to see it on the website? I called the 888 number and they gave me the VIN#, then when I finally talked to my IDA he confirmed it and scheduled delivery.
When I first found out they had assigned a VIN, I hadn't had any other contact - the rep couldn't/wouldn't tell me.
Got contacted by ISA and given a delivery date -no VIN given.
If I really wanted it, I could call. But you know what I really want? My CAR! I am curious about when it was made, but I've heard it's not an accurate method. Anyway, just hoping it makes it here on time and has no problems.

Forgive me if this already exists...but I haven’t seen one. Since Tesla manufactures in color batches, I thought this would be helpful to us blue hopefuls.

4/1/16 Reservation
6/28/18 Configuration Blue, AWD (Non-P), Aero
7/27/18 Updated to white interior, online account not updated
Fremont delivery, cash, edit button gone for weeks, all info confirmed
Sept.-Nove estimated delivery

As of Aug. 8, no VIN or Delivery Advisor contact

Ordered in May and was delivered in August. Nice blue metallic color. No issues so far.
Deep Blue Metallic
Black Interior
AWD
18" Aero Wheels
EAP

Virginia
Cash and no trade in
6/29/17 reservation
6/29/18 configuration

No communications from Tesla. Edit button has been gone for several weeks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reservation 05/26/18
Configuration 06/29/18
Delivery: 08/18/18

Not issues so far. Just got the plate today.

Attachments

• IMG_3067.jpg
    IMG_3067.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3065.jpg
    IMG_3065.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3046.jpg
    IMG_3046.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 79
I got the call yesterday and my delivery is scheduled for Monday, Sept. 10 in Fremont. No VIN. I was told I'd get it 1-2 days prior. Not sure if it matters to me because I'm doing cash. I don't think I need to supply a VIN to my insurance before taking delivery but I'll just apprise them.

What strikes me in all of this is the different experiences we are having. Some have a VIN and no delivery date, and vice versa. Hmm...:rolleyes:

owner since April of '15 (P85D)

Reserved 3/31
Ordered 7/4/18 (cash)
Got the call 8/24/18
Got the VIN (72xxx) 8/30/18
Picked up 9/3/18 in Fremont - I don't know that i've ever waited 2 1/2 years for anything before.

P3D+, DBM, Black int, EAP, FSD

The ordering process and communications leave much to be desired. Not so of the car. Loving it. A lot more nimble than the P85D.

• Love
Reactions: Sbujold76
I finally got the real MVPA (scheduled for 9/14 delivery).

A few notes for anyone wondering:

1) My Order date did not change (6/26) after altering my interior to White on 7/23. So I should still get free internet.
2) My alteration to White (pre-VIN), did NOT cause a charge for $500 change fee.

I just got the email today saying my car is ready for pickup this Saturday (2 days from now). Nothing has changed in my account. No request for filling out any paperwork.

Am I right to be worried that I’m getting passed along someone else’s reject?

P3D+, Blue/White, EAP/FSD.