Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Defective windshield on new P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered our 85D in Aril of 2015, and took delivery in August, 2015.
Our front windshield also has this sparkly look. It has been my assumption that this is part of the UV coating that was applied to the glass? The only time that it is noticeable is when the sun's rays are crossing at an angle.

We ordered our 85D in Aril of 2015, and took delivery in August, 2015.
Our front windshield also has this sparkly look. It has been my assumption that this is part of the UV coating that was applied to the glass? The only time that it is noticeable is when the sun's rays are crossing at an angle.

It's hard to say without seeing it, and glass is frustratingly hard to photograph. (OT: So are diamonds. Even the most gorgeous, sparkling diamonds look gray when photographed with a cell phone. Not sure why.) If what you're seeing is completely uniform across the entire windshield, it's most likely a normal property of the glass. If it's patchy, it's most likely overspray and should be repaired. In any case, if it interferes with safe driving compared to other cars you've had, get it checked out.

It's hard to say without seeing it, and glass is frustratingly hard to photograph. (OT: So are diamonds. Even the most gorgeous, sparkling diamonds look gray when photographed with a cell phone. Not sure why.) If what you're seeing is completely uniform across the entire windshield, it's most likely a normal property of the glass. If it's patchy, it's most likely overspray and should be repaired. In any case, if it interferes with safe driving compared to other cars you've had, get it checked out.

Thanks but I still think it is the properties of the coatings, in fact, the front windshield has a slight 'pinkish' look and the side glass has a 'greenish' cast.
Tesla has UV and infrared blocking safety glass & windshield
It's on the specs page under the body section.

Windows / Windshield Coatings | Tesla Motors