TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delete Nav Entries

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Chipper, May 18, 2017.

1. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I typically delete Nav entries about once a month or so. (It REALLY speeds up searches.) But after I delete all entries I notice that I still have 8-10 entries that simply will not delete. They are there the next time I look at the list. The number of these non-deletables is continuing to grow. Any ideas on how to get rid of them. Many of the entries date back more than a year but some are as recent as a month ago.

• Love x 1
  2. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Have you tried rebooting then deleting again? They might be locked by some process.

3. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I agree that they are locked by some process, but even after a reboot (multiple reboots!) these entries are back the next time I hit the Navigate button.

4. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Bit of a long shot but did you also reboot the dash screen (where speed shows).
    It has its own Nav which actually runs a separate process (sometimes it will show a different route to google based centre screen).

5. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Yes. I have rebooted both with the scroll wheels and with the top buttons. No joy.

6. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Hmm I've got nothing. Perhaps time to visit service centre...

7. rdr1rx

rdr1rx Member

Don't press the circled x after a long finger press on each nav entry to delete. Swipe right instead. Your previous entries won't repopulate.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1