TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Delete Nav Entries

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Chipper, May 18, 2017.

1. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I typically delete Nav entries about once a month or so. (It REALLY speeds up searches.) But after I delete all entries I notice that I still have 8-10 entries that simply will not delete. They are there the next time I look at the list. The number of these non-deletables is continuing to grow. Any ideas on how to get rid of them. Many of the entries date back more than a year but some are as recent as a month ago.

• Love x 1
  2. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Have you tried rebooting then deleting again? They might be locked by some process.

3. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

I agree that they are locked by some process, but even after a reboot (multiple reboots!) these entries are back the next time I hit the Navigate button.

4. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Bit of a long shot but did you also reboot the dash screen (where speed shows).
    It has its own Nav which actually runs a separate process (sometimes it will show a different route to google based centre screen).

5. Chipper

Chipper Active Member

Yes. I have rebooted both with the scroll wheels and with the top buttons. No joy.

6. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Hmm I've got nothing. Perhaps time to visit service centre...

7. rdr1rx

rdr1rx Member

Don't press the circled x after a long finger press on each nav entry to delete. Swipe right instead. Your previous entries won't repopulate.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1