Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery brought forward?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had the following text:

"Tesla Update - Great news! Your Model 3 will be arriving earlier than expected. Your updated estimated delivery window is between 7/8 and 20/8 in Birmingham. Your invoice will be available shortly, please prepare for payment. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP."

Original window was 17th to 24th of August.
Can they get stuff from Zeebruge to Birmingham THAT quickly? :D
Yes just got that text too... for Heathrow... but no final invoice yet

I ordered a P- so am looking at a depreciation hit on that (only paying £500 less than the recently revised P+ price). A late August registration hits residual value vs September so it could be a double whammy for used value vs re-ordering P+ for delivery in a couple of months.
I'm on a P- too... so looking forward to seeing whether we get a cut on the base price (like was reported on one of the FB groups...)

If anyone here get's a final invoice for a P-, pls let us know!!

Does anyone have the detailed steps from the final invoice (any difference with PCP)?

I guess once you make the payment and they register the car then how could they reassign it to someone else you don't show ip during the delivery window?

(I am pretty sure you got what I am thinking to do here..)

Got this one too today, for London Heathrow (text sent to my secondary contact landline despite my preference been primary contact email, but hey). Didn't get the earlier one, and don't have the final invoice yet (but last update took a day or two to reach the web site).

Funny they say "Your Model 3 will be arriving earlier than expected" when they'd told me to expect it in June!

Does anyone have the detailed steps from the final invoice (any difference with PCP)?

I guess once you make the payment and they register the car then how could they reassign it to someone else you don't show ip during the delivery window?

(I am pretty sure you got what I am thinking to do here..)
Let me know if you find info on this strategy. I am not really motivated by a 69 reg bit simply by hols constraints and won’t tolerate to go back in the queue after 3+ year of wait!

With all the waiting around, I’m astounded anyone would actually be bothered about a 69 vs 19 plate?

I don't see the point in giving away effectively 4 months of depreciation to get a car in the last week of August. Obviously doesn't matter for those leasing or planning to keep the car for 10 years, but it will hurt those selling on in 2-3 years time. If I could have had a car in June or July then fine, but late August they can forget it! I've waited years for this thing to arrive, so waiting another week or two isn't going to matter. I reckon they will get loads of September registration requests now it's getting close.

• Funny
Reactions: RjbT3
I don't see the point in giving away effectively 4 months of depreciation to get a car in the last week of August. Obviously doesn't matter for those leasing or planning to keep the car for 10 years, but it will hurt those selling on in 2-3 years time. If I could have had a car in June or July then fine, but late August they can forget it! I've waited years for this thing to arrive, so waiting another week or two isn't going to matter. I reckon they will get loads of September registration requests now it's getting close.

If anyone wants to give up their spot in line for September plates I’ll happily jump the queue... :)