Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery brought forward?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat (maybe Triumph Ace:) Got the text "Great news! Your Model 3 will be arriving earlier than expected. Your updated estimated delivery window is between 7/8 and 20/8" on Thu 30 Jul, and an email today saying "Estimated Delivery Date & Location 18 August 2019 - 25 August 2019 Tesla London West Drayton". I think I'll only believe a delivery date when I'm actually driving the car out of the delivery centre.

• Funny
Reactions: RjbT3
Possibly via RoRo ship to Sheerness, possibly road transporter.

When the UK rollout started "we" knew a lot about how cars get from the Fremont factory to Europe from tracking EU distribution for far too long. This leg of the journey is new though so we don't really have any firm idea how it'll happen.

We *think* that the small number of deliveries in June came over by road transporter, but that makes less sense for larger scale deliveries. For these deliveries, it makes sense (at least to me) to do RoRo ships to get them to the UK straight from Zeebrugge (possibly split across two or more UK ports) and then road transporter from there. Using multiple UK ports reduces capacity concerns about ships from ZEE to the UK, local transporter capacity when they reach the UK, and reduces the journey time by lowering the transport time here in the UK.

Looking at Europe again, this would be the "Norway" model of Tesla distribution.

What we really need is for someone to spot them coming in at a port / on a transporter to confirm one way or another.

This is absolutely mental. I haven't read one post where someone has had the same communication!! So I have never had an email or phone call or a final invoice!!!

Just one text saying come to Tesla 1pm on Wednesday to pick up my model 3. That's confirmed with my VIN on the 'manage' page. So no idea what to do especially if I don't get payment instructions (which even coming tomorrow only gives me 48 hours!!!!!!)

Reactions: Roy W.
Had a text Saturday afternoon saying delivery arranged Wednesday 7th at Heathrow.

Had a phone call Sunday morning from the delivery team confirming the above. He then sent an email after the telephone conversation with payment details etc as they need it minimum 48 hours before delivery.

Bank transfer sent via telephone with my bank.

Asked for confirmation via email that they have received the money but he said he will confirm when they receive the money into the account?

Twitchy bum time not knowing if they have had that large sum of money or not :)

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3