Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make sure to have a good look over everything and report any issues to Zen.

I didn’t have a good look at the wheels until a week or so ago and noticed what looks like a gouge on one of the spokes. It’s not been curbed or anything but as I didn’t report it to them within the first 48 hours it’s my problem if Tesla don’t fix it.

Hi all

just had Tesla call me and confirm delivery for 2 weeks today

right, advice please on anything I should be doing now and over the forthcoming fortnight, things to look at at, buy etc etc

thanks
Have you switched your energy provider to Octopus yet (or another that's setup for ev's)? Have you got TeslaFi ready so that you can log the first meters of your first drive?

In the months leading up to my car arriving I was buying a lot of accessories so in order to handle tracking I created a project management board. I've made this board public, view only, so have a look at the list and feel free to ask any questions about any of the accessories I purchased:

Trello

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
I haven’t switched yet, that’ll be the next step. Currently with Bulb on duel fuel and they’ve been great to be fair but I spoke to them the other day and mentioned the Tesla and they don’t do an EV tariff according to the lad anyway, so it looks like Octopus will be the one (feel free to send referral). Don’t know who I’ll go with for the gas like.

Reactions: Medved_77
I haven’t switched yet, that’ll be the next step. Currently with Bulb on duel fuel and they’ve been great to be fair but I spoke to them the other day and mentioned the Tesla and they don’t do an EV tariff according to the lad anyway, so it looks like Octopus will be the one (feel free to send referral). Don’t know who I’ll go with for the gas like.
Yeah, I was on bulb beforehand, no issues with them, but their losing customers due to not having tarriffs that support EV ownership.

I've PM'd a referral for Electricity and Gas, let me know if you have any questions.

Pretty much the same with me, currently happy with Bulb duel fuel, but with a Tesla arriving next week looking to change. Is Octopus Go worth a look?
Either Octopus Go or Octopus Agile depending on your usage.

Octopus Go versus Agile - Energy Stats UK

Do you have a smart meter already? You'll need one as described below or join the wait list to use either Agile or Go.

upload_2020-7-3_19-5-59.png

• Informative
Reactions: SonOfMaw
Ref smart meter, there’s one installed but it’s the one that Scottish Power installed a while back before I mugged them off for Bulb. Going back a couple years now like at least.
My smart meter was installed by Scottish Power too, as @Roy W. said, check the logo on the front as it's possible you already have a compatible smart meter.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Hi all

just had Tesla call me and confirm delivery for 2 weeks today

right, advice please on anything I should be doing now and over the forthcoming fortnight, things to look at at, buy etc etc

thanks
The main thing is to check as much as you can during handover. I found a few minor paint defects, which were subsequently sorted out. Panel gaps have been a problem for some, but my car was good.

The main things I missed were a few dirty marks on the inside of the car, on the A pillar and the rear side roof liner. These marks cleaned off with some Autoglym upholstery shampoo.

It will help if you take a friend/buddy with you to pick up - two sets of eyes are better than one.

You also need to inform Tesla of any further defects you find within the first 100 miles.

Have you switched your energy provider to Octopus yet (or another that's setup for ev's)? Have you got TeslaFi ready so that you can log the first meters of your first drive?

In the months leading up to my car arriving I was buying a lot of accessories so in order to handle tracking I created a project management board. I've made this board public, view only, so have a look at the list and feel free to ask any questions about any of the accessories I purchased:

Trello
Great organisation :) what's the NFC tags used for?

Great organisation :) what's the NFC tags used for?
You combine the NFC tags with actions that you can perform with the cars api.

So I hover my phone over the charge port which has a NFC tag inside, that sends the command to unlock the car and open the charge port. Can do the same for opening frunk/trunk etc.

I use Android so have set up Tasker with a Tesla specific plugin. Can be done on iOS too.

Loads of helpful videos on YouTube if you search Tesla and NFC.

You combine the NFC tags with actions that you can perform with the cars api.

So I hover my phone over the charge port which has a NFC tag inside, that sends the command to unlock the car and open the charge port. Can do the same for opening frunk/trunk etc.

I use Android so have set up Tasker with a Tesla specific plugin. Can be done on iOS too.

Loads of helpful videos on YouTube if you search Tesla and NFC.
@Medved_77 - that's an opportune post as I have some NFC tags arriving today & want to use one for the charge port & one or two for the frunk. I'll be using IOS shortcuts/iPhone 11.

I was informed that they only work on non-metallic surfaces so I'll put one under the charge port flap but unsure of where to locate for the frunk. Where is yours & could I have two tags controlling the same thing, one on each side of the car?

@Medved_77 - that's an opportune post as I have some NFC tags arriving today & want to use one for the charge port & one or two for the frunk. I'll be using IOS shortcuts/iPhone 11.

I was informed that they only work on non-metallic surfaces so I'll put one under the charge port flap but unsure of where to locate for the frunk. Where is yours & could I have two tags controlling the same thing, one on each side of the car?
You're correct, the phone won't be able to read the tag through metal so easiest place for frunk and trunk is on the reverse of the number plates.

No reason why you can't have 2 or more tags controlling the same action.

You're correct, the phone won't be able to read the tag through metal so easiest place for frunk and trunk is on the reverse of the number plates.

No reason why you can't have 2 or more tags controlling the same action.
Thanks - my plates are taped in place so I'll try on the plastic housing of each wing mirror where it's outward facing/locked & folds towards the car when unlocked/on (....hope this doesn't interfere with the wifi antenna)

Thanks - my plates are taped in place so I'll try on the plastic housing of each wing mirror where it's outward facing/locked & folds towards the car when unlocked/on (....hope this doesn't interfere with the wifi antenna)
Would be surprised if it makes the WiFi antenna perform any worse than it currently does