Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Fell Apart !,,,,

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m gonna assume a lot of people had their car on hold that were not assigned a VIN so once they went off hold around 1/1-1/3 it looks like they all cut in line in front of you.
Not necessarily. I took my hold off dec 2nd.
Initially had March 22-april22 first week. It was changed to tbd and has been sitting tbd ever since.

OD: Feb 2021 MYLR white , black int , no tow , no FSD.

long range / white / black interior / 19" wheels
pretty basic
That’s part of the reason. Whatever algorithms they use would def put you toward end of priority list. Another option, which doesn’t prob make a lot of sense for someone wise enough to order the excellent version you did is to bite a big bullet and change order to P.
But I’d just sit tight and try not to check EDD too often....These EDDs jump around a lot for no discernible reason. and ...My gut is that you’ll get bumped earlier many months once Austin hits its stride etc.

That’s part of the reason. Whatever algorithms they use would def put you toward end of priority list. Another option, which doesn’t prob make a lot of sense for someone wise enough to order the excellent version you did is to bite a big bullet and change order to P.
But I’d just sit tight and try not to check EDD too often....These EDDs jump around a lot for no discernible reason. and ...My gut is that you’ll get bumped earlier many months once Austin hits its stride etc.
Thanks, I hope so

I would gladly upgrade to the P, but not at current prices. If I could go back to my OD (Nov 6) and upgrade to the P at those prices, I would do it.

I'm surprised Tesla doesn't give the option to upgrade at the OD prices. Brings them extra profits and I'm sure a lot of people would upgrade.

I ordered a P, my current wait with the EDD is 5 months.
Ouch! The company website is claiming March EDD for all colors of P right now. Maybe it’s fibbing.
Meanwhile, mine is almost unchanged since OD. It vanished entirely for a day or so once, then bounced back virtually the same, only a few days closer.
If I were one of the deluded types who believe there is some sort of pattern, I could be saying to myself heh, as a former M3P owner, Tesla has decided I’m a great candidate for one of the first Austin cars, and that’s why they know when I’m getting it.
In truth? The reason is a lot more likely to be that by checking EDD 48 times a day I am warding off evil.
Makes as much sense as any other possible reason.

I ordered my Model Y on 10/2, delivery went from February to March,
yesterday switched to September !
with new Austin coming on, how is this possible ?
Your Thoughts Please !
Mine went the other way. i ordered mine on 10/21. they gave me a date for august, then went to september and just this week it switched to Jan 31 - Feb 28th. Makes no sense. I told them i don't want it until after may. not sure why they switched it up so fast.

What does “No Holds on Account” Mean ?
People will put their accounts on hold when they aren't ready for a car yet.
At the end of the year lots of people were putting holds on their accounts because they wanted the EV tax credit to pass or wanted to wait for the new features that are coming out. So I have never put my car on hold, just been waiting since 8/14.