Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, congrats to all receiving their cars!

My car is sitting in Vancouver but after spending a month + trying to be proactive so that when my car arrives it isn't a gong show as I have heard from others in Canada, it seems that is just the way tesla operates. So maybe in 2 or 3 more weeks I will get my car as well...... Sigh......I finally give up, let the scrambling begin.

Hello guys!!

Good news, I just got confirmation from a upper management contact at Tesla headquarters that my car is on it's way (in the transport)!

He's pretty confident that I should receive my car before our birthday (mine and my wife's, yes we have the same date) ... march 23!!

So I'm convinced we are a batch in the transport, so I assume that we will all get a call from our respective DS about that !!

Now, just let hope that the truck won't be stuck at the Canadian border for too long !! :)

Hello guys!!

Good news, I just got confirmation from a upper management contact at Tesla headquarters that my car is on it's way (in the transport)!

He's pretty confident that I should receive my car before our birthday (mine and my wife's, yes we have the same date) ... march 23!!

So I'm convinced we are a batch in the transport, so I assume that we will all get a call from our respective DS about that !!

Now, just let hope that the truck won't be stuck at the Canadian border for too long !! :)

Sly,

Would your contact know about the current truck that's stuck at the border? :)

Hello everyone,

No news on the border issue yet (Alex sent me an e-mail tonight saying so)... but...

I received my final purchase paperwork :scared: (it is the same DocuSign process, with a bunch of additional pages, all Ontario stuff replaced with appropriate Quebec / Canada legalese).

Signed off after reading through it.

Predicted delivery date on the contract is March 8, 2013.

If true, longest week EVER!

Check your e-mail inboxes!

I got my purchase paperwork too! There were some mistakes with it though, so I had to send it back unsigned. :(

My predicted delivery date was tomorrow the 5th, but I'm sure that's not going to happen. I'll be picking up my car when I get back from my vacation. Oh well, something to look forward to! :)

I got my purchase paperwork too! There were some mistakes with it though, so I had to send it back unsigned. :(

My predicted delivery date was tomorrow the 5th, but I'm sure that's not going to happen. I'll be picking up my car when I get back from my vacation. Oh well, something to look forward to! :)

A delivery tomorrow would be AWESOME !

If I may ask, what were the mistakes in your paperwork ?

A delivery tomorrow would be AWESOME !

If I may ask, what were the mistakes in your paperwork ?

Well, it wasn't Tesla's fault. The address I gave them for the contract was originally my company, but now I made it to my personal name.

And I changed my insurance company in the meantime to Belair (got amazing coverage for $1183/year - $250 Coll, $100 comp), so I updated that too.

I'll call them today to make sure the paperwork is corrected and comes in quick. But I really doubt my car will be here tomorrow -- it's still in Michigan as far as I know...

Sly,

My guess will be that your car is on the same truck which is stuck at the border... meaning that you may receive your car any time in the next 10 days.

Toto: I think it's another truck, since last friday my DS (Alex) told me that my Model S was still waiting at the Fremont parking. Then I asked for help to my contact at Tesla's headquarters on friday evening and he confirmed to me on Sunday that my car just left !!

By the way, I just got a email from Alex and he confirms that my Model S is on it's way and that it should arrive by next week !!!!

Yes, it's getting REAL !!!!! :)

Toto: I think it's another truck, since last friday my DS (Alex) told me that my Model S was still waiting at the Fremont parking. Then I asked for help to my contact at Tesla's headquarters on friday evening and he confirmed to me on Sunday that my car just left !!

By the way, I just got a email from Alex and he confirms that my Model S is on it's way and that it should arrive by next week !!!!

Yes, it's getting REAL !!!!!:)

The irony will be when this batch of cars clears customs before the previous one.

spoke to Alex. Cars still stuck in Michigan.

The irony will be when this batch of cars clears customs before the previous one.

spoke to Alex. Cars still stuck in Michigan.

Sigh... This is starting to get old. My hopes of getting my car during my week off are starting to wane.

Still, I was only expecting the car in may, so can't complain too much...

Did just pay for my set of winter tires though...

Recent budget cuts in the USA certainly won't speed things up at the border either!

Sigh... This is starting to get old. My hopes of getting my car during my week off are starting to wane.

Still, I was only expecting the car in may, so can't complain too much...

Did just pay for my set of winter tires though...

Well that is the one pseudo-positive aspect of this is that we are so late in the season that I will opt out of the winter tires and just run with the stock all seasons til next winter.

Just back from Vegas and I pick up my S tomorrow in Vancouver! I guess not much sleep tonite! My lovely wife had to stay home and she did all the paperwork for us. I think I'll keep her. It's been here since last Thurday and my daughter and wife went to see it arrive and they were very kind to let them sit in it and take pictures to send me. That was hard! Anyway hours away to join the grinners and to all of you waiting I hope it goes as fast for you as it did for me!!!