Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started to being thinking: "Am I the only one around here without a VIN?" - Today, my iPhone app showed VIN P06173 (I've been checking religiously). A bit higher than the average on this thread, for the same delivery window. Glad to know the car exists somewhere... makes it feel a little less like "vapour-ware".

Anyone with a fixed delivery date yet (not a 2-week window?). Looks like a lot of cars coming north of the border soon.

Talked to Alex today.

He was driving around in his car, but told me my car (and travel buddies) are "at the border".

Possible paper issues (as foretold by Toto, if true they do not learn from previous mistakes...), but he wasn't 100% sure.

He was supposed to look into it when he got to the service center and let me know, but I never heard from him.

On another note, after talking to a LOT of people (including one of the authors of the Manuel de l'Auto during a radio talk show), I ordered a set of studdless Nokian Hakka 7's, which Alex will have mounted on Tesla 19' rims with TPMS and install on my car prior to delivery.

Hope it'll all work out (the vehicle delivery and tire choice)! :eek:

Talked to Alex today.

He was driving around in his car, but told me my car (and travel buddies) are "at the border".

Possible paper issues (as foretold by Toto, if true they do not learn from previous mistakes...), but he wasn't 100% sure.

He was supposed to look into it when he got to the service center and let me know, but I never heard from him.

On another note, after talking to a LOT of people (including one of the authors of the Manuel de l'Auto during a radio talk show), I ordered a set of studdless Nokian Hakka 7's, which Alex will have mounted on Tesla 19' rims with TPMS and install on my car prior to delivery.

Hope it'll all work out (the vehicle delivery and tire choice)! :eek:

I had a sad that ours cars are stuck at the border. I called Belair today to activate my insurance as of Thursday but I guess that's premature. :)

Pbrulott, our Vin's are only 6 numbers out & about the same configuration. I am extrpolating a bit here, but based on 70 cars a day and cars just completed, our cars should be mostly built on Saturday. Check your app status at that time. :)

Hey Hey Morristhecat, noticed from another thread that our VINs were really close. 16 - 20th of March would be great and if that's the target, you are right, the factory needs to build really soon to get the cars on the trucks and get them prepared at our respective Service centers. Hopefully the Saturday crew is not to tired from a long week...

Maybe we should get Tesla to relocate the service center !

It is actually not bad, if you are going downtown, with the new Cartier metro station : I speak from experience, since I had to bring in my MS this morning to have the issue with my UMC investigated. In the news department : apparently, some cars at the border, Montreal now has full staff onboard (a service manager and a tech) , just back from California training...

Murphy's Law strikes again! Just finished booking a trip to Vegas and then I get the email that I can pick up my car at Vancouver service on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday! Trouble is I don't get back into town until late Monday. Oh well you don't get much sleep in Vegas anyway! Got my partial VIN on the app last weekend but never believed it would be so quick. Shiny green S will be ours on Tuesday, yeah!

Murphy's Law strikes again! Just finished booking a trip to Vegas and then I get the email that I can pick up my car at Vancouver service on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday! Trouble is I don't get back into town until late Monday. Oh well you don't get much sleep in Vegas anyway! Got my partial VIN on the app last weekend but never believed it would be so quick. Shiny green S will be ours on Tuesday, yeah!

Is that all the notice you got? My delivery window is March 7-21, but I've heard nothing proactively from Tesla (did call them and got my VIN). I hope I get a bit more notice than that, because I still have to arrange for insurance, financing and trade-in.

Just spoke to Alex.

The cars are still stuck at the border in Michigan. So definitely won't see them this week. He asked about a weekend delivery but I imagine they are in Michigan because they'll route through Toronto first, so I don't expect my car this weekend either.

Admittedly, he sounds confused. He had to ask again about my financing choice, etc, even though we'd had the discussion already. I just hope, for future Tesla owner's sakes, that they get organized...

+1
My delivery date range begins in 5 days and still have not had 1 tesla initiated contact......I still have to get my roadster picked up and transported to a tesla service location for a trade in value, accept or decline the trade in, set up financing, insurance, registration .....I am at the point where I mostly laugh at this situation now - it's absurd.

Is anyone getting contacted by tesla?

Last edited:
Just spoke to Alex.

The cars are still stuck at the border in Michigan. So definitely won't see them this week. He asked about a weekend delivery but I imagine they are in Michigan because they'll route through Toronto first, so I don't expect my car this weekend either.

Admittedly, he sounds confused. He had to ask again about my financing choice, etc, even though we'd had the discussion already. I just hope, for future Tesla owner's sakes, that they get organized...

With my luck I'll get the car immediately AFTER my vacation, during which I would have all the time required to pick it up... Not like I am busy or anything...

:biggrin:

FINALLY!! I got the 'Purchase paperwork signing' e-mail yesterday, filled everything out & sent it back. Today was spent on the phone with the bank trying to arrange the wire transfer for payment, plus I got another message from Hans saying that my car is supposed to be loaded up in Vancouver on Tuesday with delivery expected in Edmonton on Wednesday. This is fantastic, I was expecting to wait another 2 weeks or so once they'd received payment.

This is fantastic, I was expecting to wait another 2 weeks or so once they'd received payment.

Congrats! I just walked through the Schedule Delivery email. My delivery range moved from April-May to March 21st - April 4th! Quite a bump up in the ol' schedule. I'm not complaining but I'm hoping that this nasty Ottawa weather is done by then as I don't want to worry about winters until next year!!

Does anyone have any experience with taking delivery of a car in a province other than their own residence? I thought I'd pick up my car in Toronto to get my Ontario rebate -- can I pick it up in Montreal instead, and still get my Ontario EV rebate/plates etc?

FINALLY!! I got the 'Purchase paperwork signing' e-mail yesterday, filled everything out & sent it back. Today was spent on the phone with the bank trying to arrange the wire transfer for payment, plus I got another message from Hans saying that my car is supposed to be loaded up in Vancouver on Tuesday with delivery expected in Edmonton on Wednesday. This is fantastic, I was expecting to wait another 2 weeks or so once they'd received payment.

That's great !
PM me if your interested to meet after you get your car.
I have a SHC CS-90 charging station installed in St. Albert, so you can top up your charge, and stop for a coffee
...and also take some random sighting photos to post on this thread
Random Model S sightings

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have any experience with taking delivery of a car in a province other than their own residence? I thought I'd pick up my car in Toronto to get my Ontario rebate -- can I pick it up in Montreal instead, and still get my Ontario EV rebate/plates etc?

Should be not problem. I bought a car in BC and had someone drive it to Alberta. Just bring your license plate with you.

Last edited:

I would check first on the Ontario website that runs the rebate program. If it is still ambiguous then you should call to double check. It is worth it to offset the taxes we get dinged with.

Murphy's Law strikes again! Just finished booking a trip to Vegas and then I get the email that I can pick up my car at Vancouver service on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday! Trouble is I don't get back into town until late Monday. Oh well you don't get much sleep in Vegas anyway! Got my partial VIN on the app last weekend but never believed it would be so quick. Shiny green S will be ours on Tuesday, yeah!

That is pretty quick!

I just visited the service center on Monday and had no Vin until I spoke with Mark there. By the time I got back to Victoria ( through the hellacious winds ) VIN was active on the app. Hopefully mine appears in a week also!

That would work only if you have residency in Ontario. From the MTO web page: "To qualify for the incentive, EVs for personal use must be registered and plated in Ontario for a minimum of 12 months. Fleet vehicles must be registered and plated in Ontario for a minimum of 36 months to qualify for the program."

Has anyone had a chat with Alex today? Are the Montreal-bound cars still stuck in Michigan?

Last I heard was from an email I received last night from him proactively letting me know, among other things, that the cars were still not here. He did not specify if they had gotten their visas cleared yet. I would assume though that if they were moving he would have worded it differently.