Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving back from Montreal, I noticed a pretty cold air draft coming from the small driver/passenger window triangle right behind the A pillar. I assume this is normal, because it was the exact same on both sides and the seal didn't seem abnormal.

I have noticed that on my car as well, although I've only checked the driver's side. If I put my hand there, I can feel the cold air, but there is absolutely no wind noise from the area. I did get a trickle of water inside the car from that spot going through a touch-less car wash. I wonder if there is an air leak that needs to be addressed, and whether the car's aerodynamics are such that the airflow around that area is minimized (and hence no noise)?

It was me. I saw you too (I thought yours was grey... it seemed black to me... thought it was Agileone). I was tempted to follow you and say hi but the red light ended up being super long and decided to continue straight on Poirier. First ski day today, most likely it will get super dirty. I scanned the forums for how to wash it.

Congrats on your delivery! Been busy driving and I find myself with less time reading the forums lately ... :)

Saw a white one on Marcel-Laurin last thursday, my second in-the-wild sighting since Jan 1st.
I guess this should not be such a rare occurrence now in Bois-Francs neighborhood.

Got myself a full fledged washing kit for the garage and I have taken to wash it myself with extra clean mitts and linen.
Black cars are high maintenance ...

Congrats on your delivery! Been busy driving and I find myself with less time reading the forums lately ... :)

Saw a white one on Marcel-Laurin last thursday, my second in-the-wild sighting since Jan 1st.
I guess this should not be such a rare occurrence now in Bois-Francs neighborhood.

Got myself a full fledged washing kit for the garage and I have taken to wash it myself with extra clean mitts and linen.
Black cars are high maintenance ...

Thanks Agileone, will connect next weekend for a get together. Got a surprise from my wife last Thursday, she had planned for a weekend in New York for Easter so no time to wash or show my car off. My neighboors are still asking themselves who is driving this spaceship they see from time to time.

PS with the annoucment on the 40kwh, there was a note about supercharging hardware being included in all cars. I've been completely misslead by the Tesla folks who said it is a pre-production decision. I paid 2000$ to make sure I was futur-proof with a lot of IFs. In fact I could have waited and decide later if the double charger or supecharger was the better option for us in Eastern Canada (will supercharger be ever deployed around Montreal... don't know). Bitter taste...

Last edited:
Well, I've FINALLY been
Driving back from Montreal, I noticed a pretty cold air draft coming from the small driver/passenger window triangle right behind the A pillar. I assume this is normal, because it was the exact same on both sides and the seal didn't seem abnormal.

I also have the same behavior. When it's cold, I'm pretty sure this has some impact in keeping the car warm. I can really feel it. I'm surprised we're the only one reporting this. I'll compare with some friends eventually as service didn't find anything.

PS with the annoucment on the 40kwh, there was a note about supercharging hardware being included in all cars. I've been completely misslead by the Tesla folks who said it is a pre-production decision. I paid 2000$ to make sure I was futur-proof with a lot of IFs. In fact I could have waited and decide later if the double charger or supecharger was the better option for us in Eastern Canada (will supercharger be ever deployed around Montreal... don't know). Bitter taste...

Your point is interesting. They should offer to deactivate the supercharger thru software and refund 2000$ to be fair with everyone.

Your point is interesting. They should offer to deactivate the supercharger thru software and refund 2000$ to be fair with everyone.

Thanks for the support PatP, my email is still left unanswered. I asked to roll my 2000$ SC payment to the service plan. I'm totally ready to pay the 1500-2000 when I know for sure what technology will be ubiquitous around here.

PS I subscribed to both "Circuit Électirque" and "RéseauVer". I got my 2 cards for just in case charging. Are there any other charging network subscription in quebec?