Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the call for next week...when I am away :( Killing me. Hans has been great, said I might be able to get it Friday night off the truck if no delays at the border but only the Fremont tech would be present. Since I leave the next morning and won't get to play, I think will look at my options for when I get back so I can get a full personal delivery/go over the car and then actually use the car.

What's your P number? :)

I got the call for next week...when I am away :( Killing me. Hans has been great, said I might be able to get it Friday night off the truck if no delays at the border but only the Fremont tech would be present. Since I leave the next morning and won't get to play, I think will look at my options for when I get back so I can get a full personal delivery/go over the car and then actually use the car.

I have a feeling whatever you were meant to do while away (business or vacation) will not be getting your undivided attention... :wink:

The Iphone apps recognize my VIN, but it displays that message:
Mobile App Remote Access is OFF
Turn Remote Access ON from the vehicle's touchscreen by going to Controls>Settings>vehicle

Zax, you should feel lucky getting your car that quick being P232

Actually, I'm P308... But I know P232 is getting his car next week in Toronto. :)

If I get my car next month, I'll be happy!

.....you should feel lucky getting your car that quick being P232

I do feel like I won the lottery....very lucky. Many have been waiting a very long time. The good thing is the car, and the whole process, will get better and better as time goes on.

Now back to work, I need to get my 14-50 wired up and ESA in to inspect my garage sub-panel before Tuesday so I can feed my new baby when it arrives.:biggrin:

No cars in Toronto yet, they are expecting them later today or tomorrow. Yikes I hope they get in before the snow storm.

Speaking of snow, Duck, what are you doing for snow tires/wheels?

I still don't know what to do. Tesla just wrote me asking if I wanted snow tires/wheels and I said no... thinking I will go aftermarket from tirerack.com, but their solutions are just as expensive if you factor in that they don't have TPMS sensors... I just don't want the Pirelli tires from Tesla, I haven't heard great things about them.

I still don't know what to do. Tesla just wrote me asking if I wanted snow tires/wheels and I said no... thinking I will go aftermarket from tirerack.com, but their solutions are just as expensive if you factor in that they don't have TPMS sensors... I just don't want the Pirelli tires from Tesla, I haven't heard great things about them.

Are TPMS required here in Canada? If not, can we live without it for 4-5 months?

Sorry to keep this thread OT, but I'd like to know if the TPMS are required as well. I'd heard that the 19" rims can be purchased from Tesla for $1000. If this is the case and the TPMS are not required, I'd get the Tesla rims and buy Nokian Hakka Rs for the 4-5 months of winter driving. Has anyone priced the 19" rims?

Thanks.

I bought the Hakka R's for $1500 as per patp and his posts. They seem like they would be really grippy for the snow. The Pirellis are winter tires, not really snow tires. This car is getting expensive but no point skimping now! Waiting for the 19" rims and TPMS as they are out of stock. Hopefully they will be in by Tuesday.

I bought the Hakka R's for $1500 as per patp and his posts. They seem like they would be really grippy for the snow. The Pirellis are winter tires, not really snow tires. This car is getting expensive but no point skimping now! Waiting for the 19" rims and TPMS as they are out of stock. Hopefully they will be in by Tuesday.

I am just wondering why everyone is getting an extra set of 19" rims + TPMS. Isn't it will be easier just to swap the the summer & snow tires with the stock rims and then we don't need to reset the TPMS?

I am just wondering why everyone is getting an extra set of 19" rims + TPMS. Isn't it will be easier just to swap the the summer & snow tires with the stock rims and then we don't need to reset the TPMS?

Most folks end up buying winter and summer rims so you don't have the extra expense (and potential damage) of removing and re-mounting tires twice a year. Around here (as I'm sure you've observed) most people go with plain old steel rims and don't even bother with hub caps - - even on fairly high end cars. Anyone know if there are steel rims that'll fit the S?

Most folks end up buying winter and summer rims so you don't have the extra expense (and potential damage) of removing and re-mounting tires twice a year. Around here (as I'm sure you've observed) most people go with plain old steel rims and don't even bother with hub caps - - even on fairly high end cars. Anyone know if there are steel rims that'll fit the S?
You are right! I was thinking to get the snow tires from Costco and it seems that they are doing a good job with removing & remounting the tires. It costs me < $50 for each changeover.