Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess we'll see what happens in Alberta. The reason I took the leap to reserve was that they dropped the per km rate for ranger visits to a flat rate of $100. The per km rate from Vancouver would have been prohibitive. It's in TM's interest to serve more remote regions well, but it has been a leap of faith for me. Looks like a few S's will be coming to Alberta soon. My delivery window is March 4-18 but I haven't heard much lately other than seeing a VIN on the mobile app.

85-Blue-grey leather-pano-air-twin chargers. Cdn Res 493

Not to worry.
It seems not much has changed since I got my car in late December.

Everything was very last minute and so just be ready for that phone call / email.
I was able to insured and registered my car within a day or two once I got my VIN.
Handed over a certified cheque for the final payment.

I'm sure they'll have a car carrier load heading for Alberta.
It will all be good. It's going to take some time to get over the thrill of driving... and not gassing up.

I was able to insured and registered my car within a day or two once I got my VIN.
Handed over a certified cheque for the final payment.

Did you send a certified cheque to Tesla before the car arrived or did you give it to the delivery person? I'm told I need the bill of sale and VIN to arrange insurance and would like to get it done ahead so I'm not waiting a day running around setting up insurance and registration while the car sits idle. On the other hand, is it better to hold off final payment until the car arrives in good condition?

I'm sure it will all take care of itself, but just wondering.

Did you send a certified cheque to Tesla before the car arrived or did you give it to the delivery person? I'm told I need the bill of sale and VIN to arrange insurance and would like to get it done ahead so I'm not waiting a day running around setting up insurance and registration while the car sits idle. On the other hand, is it better to hold off final payment until the car arrives in good condition?

My insurance company (RBC) claims not to have the car in their system, but were able to give me a quote based on the car's value. They said they would be able to insure it, but warned me to give them a few days advance notice to get it set up properly. My VIN number and the preliminary paperwork was good enough for them.

While I have faith in Tesla and am not anticipating problems, it is worth noting that they have opted out of the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan and my preference is not to hand over the final payment until I've assured myself that the car is in good condition, any due bill items are clearly listed and that generally all i's are dotted and t's are crossed. I am lucky in that I live very close to the Service Center and have arranged for pickup there. If it takes an extra day or two, so be it.

Is there anyone who has a phone number for the Laval service center?

I think Alex is off today, and it is my only day off work... I was hoping to get the final preparations in order in case my car arrives soon (amount due, etc).

For that matter, if anyone has a chance to stop by the Laval service center, could you check if there are new cars there waiting for delivery (I know VINs 5539 (mine) and 5541 are expected to arrive imminently)?

Thanks in advance!

Is there anyone who has a phone number for the Laval service center?

I think Alex is off today, and it is my only day off work... I was hoping to get the final preparations in order in case my car arrives soon (amount due, etc).

For that matter, if anyone has a chance to stop by the Laval service center, could you check if there are new cars there waiting for delivery (I know VINs 5539 (mine) and 5541 are expected to arrive imminently)?

Thanks in advance!

I only have Alex's Cell number so I cannot help you there but I will drive by on my way home tonight as it is only a small detour for me. If someone else passes by could you also check for 5297?

On another note: agileone passed by on Sunday to test out his charger issues on my 14-50 connection and the good news is that the car fits in my garage and my 14-50 looks like it is good to go for my own car.
The bad news is that his charging was still showing the same symptoms as before but worse than that is I now find the waiting to be even harder than before.

On finding out that I had yet to have a test drive in any Model S, he graciously offered to let me take out his days old baby for a drive. I'm now conflicted because I want to thank him for such a wonderful gesture but I also want to curse him at the same time as the wait is ten times worse not knowing exactly when my own car will be coming home :crying:.

So thank you agileone for the Tesla time on Sunday and I hope your issues get resolved soon.

Has any one else applied for the scotia bank financing? if so, how long did that take. TM said scotia approves in 30 day increments so i was waiting untill feb 28th which is one month from the end of my window so i can apply then.

I applied for the Scotiabank loan and was approved within two days...

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if the cars destined for Montreal are heading to Toronto first? I'm not sure why they do that... it must cost a significant amount to unload/reload/hire new transport than to just come here directly...

Got my delivery button on the 21st - check
Got the delivery window March 16 to 30th - check
Got my VIN #6360 today - check
Got my Nema-14-50 installed today - check
However the insurance company (TD in my case) doesn't have my VIN in its record so I am waiting for their call to get the final price and confirmation.

Hopefully the DS calls me before I leave on vacation so that when I come back I have a nice surprise!

Funny enough, its seems agileone, jeeps17 and myself are all in the same neighboorhood. Might be the highest concentration of TMS per square km :)

My situation was a bit different, but basically make final payment when the car arrives.
I used my Finalization papers as the bill of sale for insurance and registration. I has the VIN and total sale price.

That would be cool mknox! Your is midnight blue like mine? Now, if someone from Tesla or who's doing the Fremont tour could snap a picture that would be AWESOME!!

While at it, if he could get to the central screen and activate remote control to "ON" ... :)

One of these days I'll have to figure out how to put my config in the signature line as you have done. Mine is 85 kWh non-Performance, 19" Wheels, Blue exterior, Tan interior with Obeche Wood Gloss trim, Tech Pkg, Audio Pkg, Air Suspension, Twin Chargers, Pano Roof, Parcel Shelf and Paint Armor.