Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery delayed twice...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not trying to be brutal, simply want to bring you into the family to support the concept at this early phase. We are pioneers breaking new ground through a new frontier and your help is important as "kinks in the armour" are worked out. If you are feeling this negative now I can assure you that you may not be ready for early adoption, for example: my Model S, developed a cracked windshield (fixed no probs), driver door handle failed (replaced working perfectly), delivered without the parcel shelf (so what it was delivered three weeks later). I love this car, you will love the car, but you have to prepare for set-backs from time to time. Customer loyalty is what brings a company through the rapids, and I guarantee the first time someone pulls up next to you in your sweet Model S and asks you "what is that, or how do you like it", you will love the experience. By the way the best answer to the second question (borrowed from one of my fellow Model S owners) is, "having to drive anything else". Enjoy the wait and enjoy the ride...soon.
Totally, though in my experience the best way to visit wine country is in any car that someone else is driving.

My dashboard is updated today for a 11/29 delivery - they initially had me at a January delivery then a 12/4 delivery. I am set for a factory tour at 2pm and then an awesome ride home to LA from the factory.

My DS just said that i should confirm on the 26th that all is set.

P85/Blue/Gray/Black/19"/Air/Tech/parking/

We are pioneers breaking new ground through a new frontier and your help is important as "kinks in the armour" are worked out. If you are feeling this negative now I can assure you that you may not be ready for early adoption
If you think an extremely innocuous comment about hoping my car isn't delayed so I can take a road trip in it is overly negative, I truly hope you don't venture into any other parts of the forum. You'll be upset by all other very mildly off-putting comments people have made.

I'm not sure I understand the ridiculous assertion that these guys being sad their cars got delayed means they're not ready for "early adoption." What kind of sense does that make? They should be happy about the delay, then?

My dashboard is updated today for a 11/29 delivery - they initially had me at a January delivery then a 12/4 delivery. I am set for a factory tour at 2pm and then an awesome ride home to LA from the factory.
My DS just said that i should confirm on the 26th that all is set.
P85/Blue/Gray/Black/19"/Air/Tech/parking/
Interesting that we have a mix delays and early pickups. You will have done well at over a month early, congrats!

Last edited:
Sometimes this board gets really snippy and i don't know why. Feels like we are seperated into 2 groups. Buyers and Loyaltsts... I think its okay to be frustrated that you worked up to making a decision, waited for a car to come only to find out it is delayed.. This in no way foreshadows how pissed you might be that the cupholder is loose... Your excited, as anyone would be and you made some plans and are disappointed... shocker... it doesn't matter if you were driving to wine country or to a childrens hospital to read poetry to sick kids... My mom used to say if you don't have anything good to say...