Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Hell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey TMC,

I’ve been going through delivery hell for the past couple of months and wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations on how to escalate a case?

Here’s the abridged version of my experience:
- vehicle pricing discrepancy between listed price and expected payment (finally resolved)
- first home delivery was a no show due to primary contact being listed as a different person
- four Tesla employees claimed to have removed the other person as a contact, but I’m repeatedly told by Tesla that they can’t reach me and it’s because they’re still contacting the other person
- second scheduled home delivery was by a volunteer engineer doing his first delivery and he had no idea what he was doing
- I declined the car due to a litany or quality issues (panels not fully painted, overspray, paint dried in clumps, chips in the paint, sanding swirls in the paint, panel gaps, and dirty headliner were the prominent problems)
- Tesla told me it would take up to two weeks to have a replacement delivered
- three days later I was told my new car was ready and then I never heard back from anyone for two weeks
- new delivery has been now been scheduled… five weeks later
- delivery address is listed incorrectly
- no VIN bas been assigned
- my primary point of contact keeps changing (I believe I’m on my 7th delivery advisor)

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
nelyle

• Informative
Reactions: Oldman
Hey TMC,

I’ve been going through delivery hell for the past couple of months and wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations on how to escalate a case?

Here’s the abridged version of my experience:
- vehicle pricing discrepancy between listed price and expected payment (finally resolved)
- first home delivery was a no show due to primary contact being listed as a different person
- four Tesla employees claimed to have removed the other person as a contact, but I’m repeatedly told by Tesla that they can’t reach me and it’s because they’re still contacting the other person
- second scheduled home delivery was by a volunteer engineer doing his first delivery and he had no idea what he was doing
- I declined the car due to a litany or quality issues (panels not fully painted, overspray, paint dried in clumps, chips in the paint, sanding swirls in the paint, panel gaps, and dirty headliner were the prominent problems)
- Tesla told me it would take up to two weeks to have a replacement delivered
- three days later I was told my new car was ready and then I never heard back from anyone for two weeks
- new delivery has been now been scheduled… five weeks later
- delivery address is listed incorrectly
- no VIN bas been assigned
- my primary point of contact keeps changing (I believe I’m on my 7th delivery advisor)

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
nelyle

Have you walked into a delivery center and spoke to a human being about your issues? It's my top advice on getting things done.

PSA - Have a questions, concerns or need help? - Visit Tesla in person.

Have you walked into a delivery center and spoke to a human being about your issues? It's my top advice on getting things done.

PSA - Have a questions, concerns or need help? - Visit Tesla in person.
Yes, my most recent visit to a delivery center was this weekend. They helped with the additional contact on my account (hopefully resolved now) and emailed everyone at Tesla that has been actively commenting in my account. Ultimately, however, they indicated that my primary point of contact is the one that needs to coordinate the delivery.

The other thing to try is the "delivery hotline" phone number which has been posted a number of times here. Much more effective than the "delivery advisors".
Searching for the “delivery hotline” number in these forums is like searching for a needle in a haystack. The hotline is mentioned in numerous threads, but I can’t seem to find it posted anywhere.