Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery imminent ...... now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I start trawling through a million threads looking for what I need (and let’s face it, in the current situation I’ve got time to do this) is there a thread that covers what I need to sort out before my M3P delivery in just over a week. Charger (PP) is on order so until that’s installed I’ll either be doing granny charging or I have a bank of 8 super chargers a short walk from home.
I’ve looked at “where’s my Tesla” website and picked up a couple of hints and I’ve printed off the really useful handover checklist in the Files section. I’m leasing this car through Arval so I’m not sure where they will sort things out but on my mind is this list .....

1) Tesla Account : who sets this up and when will my car show up on it? Maybe this happens at handover. I assume this provides the payment for supercharging costs when I use it.

2) Completely confused by charging cables. It seems I get 2 with the car, a granny and a type 2 for when I get my untethered PP installed. Do I need another one for any reason?

3) Away from home charging. If I can’t get to a Tesla charger, can I use one of the other public charging points? Do I need a different cable and do I have to get an account with a charger provider?

4) Is there an online User Manual for the car that I can download and start reading?

Apologies for the basic questions which I’m sure have been covered a million times. I’m hoping there’s one thread that covers all this so if someone could point me at it that would be great.

Only 9 more sleeps!

Before I start trawling through a million threads looking for what I need (and let’s face it, in the current situation I’ve got time to do this) is there a thread that covers what I need to sort out before my M3P delivery in just over a week. Charger (PP) is on order so until that’s installed I’ll either be doing granny charging or I have a bank of 8 super chargers a short walk from home.
I’ve looked at “where’s my Tesla” website and picked up a couple of hints and I’ve printed off the really useful handover checklist in the Files section. I’m leasing this car through Arval so I’m not sure where they will sort things out but on my mind is this list .....

1) Tesla Account : who sets this up and when will my car show up on it? Maybe this happens at handover. I assume this provides the payment for supercharging costs when I use it.

2) Completely confused by charging cables. It seems I get 2 with the car, a granny and a type 2 for when I get my untethered PP installed. Do I need another one for any reason?

3) Away from home charging. If I can’t get to a Tesla charger, can I use one of the other public charging points? Do I need a different cable and do I have to get an account with a charger provider?

4) Is there an online User Manual for the car that I can download and start reading?

Apologies for the basic questions which I’m sure have been covered a million times. I’m hoping there’s one thread that covers all this so if someone could point me at it that would be great.

Only 9 more sleeps!
I’m still waiting to collect too but here’s what I know.
1) you set your own account up. Use the email account that you put down your deposit with.
2) you will only need what comes with car
3) most public chargers come with a cable. If not yours will fit. Use CCS or type 2 chargers
4) the manual and details of your purchase should show up in your account. The pdf manual is also on the car screen
Hope that helps

Reactions: Keithmt
Sorry, can't help on that one since I'm not leasing. If you're buying straight then it's all done at handover. Supercharging payment is handled via your Tesla account, to which the app logs into and to which the car is linked.

A decently long extension reel for the UMC (granny) charger is worth having so that you can connect as constraints to a socket allow. Some people also have a waterproof box to hide the UMC in, but I personally haven't bothered. You shouldn't need any other charging cables.

I've avoided off-Tesla networks so far apart from an Ionity charge in Germany (which worked perfectly). You won't need additional cables (need to find one that supports CCS, which is most of them). The reputation of their reliability is dire though (especially Ecotricity) and despite government directives that they must take regular contactless payment cards, many still need a subscription. It's a mess TBH, and probably is the biggest challenge to wider EV takeup.

Yeah - but I've never read it!
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_europe_en.pdf

The only thing I'd add to the above is that if you've already logged-in to the Tesla app, I needed to log out and then back in again after the hand-over for it to start talking to the car. Same with my Teslamate installation.

You also need to enable mobile communication in the car settings.

Your first job is to throw a bucket of bleach over the whole outside. Once that's drained off you crack a window open and fill the car as full as possible with a hosepipe and throw in 4 more bottles of bleach. Do the same with the open frunk. leave for at least an hour while you assembe the gear to roll the car upside down to make sure the inside of the roof gets coated while you attend to the underside. then open the doosr and let the mess drain out before grabbing your blowlamp and drying all surfaces thoroughly.

Once sterilised you can start to enjoy the car. Aways drive with a following wind so no virus can catch you.

Your first job is to throw a bucket of bleach over the whole outside. Once that's drained off you crack a window open and fill the car as full as possible with a hosepipe and throw in 4 more bottles of bleach. Do the same with the open frunk. leave for at least an hour while you assembe the gear to roll the car upside down to make sure the inside of the roof gets coated while you attend to the underside. then open the doosr and let the mess drain out before grabbing your blowlamp and drying all surfaces thoroughly.

Once sterilised you can start to enjoy the car. Aways drive with a following wind so no virus can catch you.

I had thought about lobbing in a hand grenade but maybe your idea is less messy.