Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery in progress ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after the moving target of my delivery date ... got a text it arrived today and could be delivered today.

Of course my response, I will be there at 1:30 to inspect. If all is good, I'll be back with my trade.

Was expecting some push back ... none! NADA ... arrived, car was in for detailing. Waited about 1/2 hour and my DA parked it out front and told me "have at it" and walked back into the store.

Spent about 30 min going over it (my biggest concern was paint).

And ... drum roll .... almost nothing wrong. Definitely not the horror stories I've read.

Issues:
Front fascia ..lower half was totally missed be detailer and needs serious buffing.
Minor dirty area on headliner.
2 minor imperfections in the paint on rear door.
Charge port does need some tweaking
Rear hatch also needs minor tweaking (like adjusting the stops).

Gaps weren't obscene. Certainly not Lexus, but Tesla good.

Otherwise, it looks fantastic. Hopefully better when I pick it up in a few hours. Sad to see my Model S go bye bye

VIN 346xx / Red / black with induction wheels.

So after the moving target of my delivery date ... got a text it arrived today and could be delivered today.

Of course my response, I will be there at 1:30 to inspect. If all is good, I'll be back with my trade.

Was expecting some push back ... none! NADA ... arrived, car was in for detailing. Waited about 1/2 hour and my DA parked it out front and told me "have at it" and walked back into the store.

Spent about 30 min going over it (my biggest concern was paint).

And ... drum roll .... almost nothing wrong. Definitely not the horror stories I've read.

Issues:
Front fascia ..lower half was totally missed be detailer and needs serious buffing.
Minor dirty area on headliner.
2 minor imperfections in the paint on rear door.
Charge port does need some tweaking
Rear hatch also needs minor tweaking (like adjusting the stops).

Gaps weren't obscene. Certainly not Lexus, but Tesla good.

Otherwise, it looks fantastic. Hopefully better when I pick it up in a few hours. Sad to see my Model S go bye bye

VIN 346xx / Red / black with induction wheels.

good to hear. That's almost mine, red/black, induction, hitch, Vin 362xx. Hopefully they're getting better and better.

Final report... this is Tesla #3. I’ve had a 2012 and a 2016 MS. It was time for a change.

There was a rough area on a headlight. Personally, it looked like left over adhesive. They ended up replacing the whole light. The final buffing of the front fascia was done. They missed a very small area I can probably take care of.

So, holding breath, I think I lucked out.

I found a total of 3 dot sized paint imperfections. Literally, .5mm or less. Only an owner would catch.
Adjusted rear hatch myself. Pretty darn close.
Passenger door is probably 1mm out. I think the fix may be worse than the problem. But I will ask.

Surprises:
Headlight leveling adjustment on screen. Oh what a nice surprise.
YouTube TV works on the browser. Dang!