Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery NIGHTMARE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking delivery on Tues, new inventory MS 100D. I have an 85D now. Have not had problems with it. Were I to experience your issues (though like Canuck, I would like to see pictures), i would refuse delivery. I also made a point of politely telling the OA that I would not take delivery if there were serious quality issues; I would expect Tesla to fix them first. As mine was an inventory car (95 miles), and I had a few things to work out first, they have hopefully had time to adequately check out the car. I will update this post after Tuesday; I do post positive call-outs as I want others to be able to see both plus and minus experiences. I sat on the fence for ~6 months before deciding to upgrade, watching to see how product quality, service quality, and feature development were trending. I judged things were better and trending up. Am sorry for your experience. I hope they make it right. It is a great car that has brought me much enjoyment in the 2.5 years I have had it.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and TigaFF
Is this at Costa Mesa? Ours is supposed to be delivered there in a few weeks. Originally we wanted it to be at Buena Park, but our OA said, "Let me do you a favor, take your delivery at Costa Mesa. Trust me it is better there." But now I am worry. I am not even sure we will get the car in time for the tax credit still in effect.
We are not here to dish the staff at any one facility. It is our understanding that the delivery process does not do detailing or QC, it is a factory issue. The factory fell short........ Bottom Line.

Reactions: ACA Man
Can you please post a few of the pics that show the worst problems? You lost me when you said it took 30 minutes to document, yet at the same time you are being told, as one excuse, "no I don't see what you see". That's really odd. Aside from the seat which didn't move, the other defects are either there or they are not. How can some staff not see what you pointed out? I really would like to see the pics and it will also help others to know what to look for.

My sunroof was misaligned a bit (larger gap on the driver's side) and my warranty was coming up so I pointed it out during my 4th year service. I lived with it for nearly 4 years, and it wasn't all that bad, but thought I would mention it because my warranty was about to expire. To my surprise, they replaced the roof with the new version to the extent that the roof rack holes are different and now it's perfectly aligned.

I don't have faith in any companies. Tesla has proven to me they make things right as recently as last month. Of course, other people's experiences are different, and we rarely hear from people who come here to post -- "All is fine on delivery" so you would get a skewed view only reading here about delivery problems. Having said that, Tesla does need to get much better at quality control and the excuse of letting the service centers deal with it seems like a poor one to me, if that is in fact Tesla's approach.

That's quite the rude reply. Do you really believe he's here employed by Tesla and looking at your posts to find inconsistencies? He had a very good question. There was no need to attack him personally as if he has to explain who he is. They way you answered raised more questions for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures but I won't be surprised if you don't post them. That will tell me a lot too.

Not meant to be rude at all. I am unfamiliar with what this teslamotorsclub forum knows. If everyone knows we reserved a CPO in November prior to this new one then so be it. As a result, no need for the question at all and I apologize. Going forward, photos are being downloaded as we speak.

Seeing this thread makes me very nervous. I was still looking into ordering one of the factory S75s over the coming weeks. Is this a good idea anymore? There's no way I want to deal with quality issues when the car is brand new. I'll hang onto my money and my very modest current car if things are going to be this way.

Car Brands Ranked by Owner Satisfaction

Don't let forum stories scare you off. The above link has the stats. I've never had a new vehicle that didn't require warranty service and my Tesla had less than my wife's BMW. Yes, there are problems, but missing out on driving a Tesla because of people posting their stories would have significantly reduced my quality of life since I still look forward to driving my 4 year old no-AP classic every day and I can't wait to add a Model 3.

More photos:

You can see here that the trunk panel on the left lower is almost touching the body. Compared to the right which has an acceptable gap.

Attachments

• IMG_3253.JPG
    IMG_3253.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_3254.JPG
    IMG_3254.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 204
Not meant to be rude at all. I am unfamiliar with what this teslamotorsclub forum knows. If everyone knows we reserved a CPO in November prior to this new one then so be it. As a result, no need for the question at all and I apologize. Going forward, photos are being downloaded as we speak.

From the 2 pictures you posted, since I am new to Tesla, I gather the gap between panels is not even?

Unable to post photos of the drivers seat not moving forward or backward. Sorry.

Mr. Canuck, We wanted this car. We believe in this technology. This was a horrible experience that we wish did NOT happen. We want a Tesla. This did not need to happen. Right? We had or check in hand, ready to go. We still want one. I am not a naysayer. We just want this right? Any ideas???

Not necessarily everyone, just those that read/ remembered your other thread...
Thanks Kevin,

just reserved what I want with Air Suspension. Delivery next Monday. Thank you anyway

Seeing this thread makes me very nervous. I was still looking into ordering one of the factory S75s over the coming weeks. Is this a good idea anymore? There's no way I want to deal with quality issues when the car is brand new. I'll hang onto my money and my very modest current car if things are going to be this way.
You need to do your own due diligence, do not go by what I am saying as a majority of one. :). We were delivered a not so good car. Our experience ;(. The other people taking their cars were in and out in less than 30 minutes, not us. We looked at the other cars that were being delivered and they DID NOT have the same mis alignment issues that ours did. Luck of the draw......

Reactions: cwerdna and TK16688
Thank Kevin
Kevin, I wanted anything Tesla. Thought CPO was a good way to get in. My nephew purchased new and I was given a referral code and then the ball began to roll roll roll. New was then our ideal. It still is.

You need to do your own due diligence, do not go by what I am saying as a majority of one. :). We were delivered a not so good car. Our experience ;(. The other people taking their cars were in and out in less than 30 minutes, not us. We looked at the other cars that were being delivered and they DID NOT have the same mis alignment issues that ours did. Luck of the draw......

Just a thought, may be try a CPO first to see how it is to begin with?

Reactions: metier