Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery NIGHTMARE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
she loves wearing stuff. i've been putting back packs and different harnesses on her since we got her. (mostly because i hate collars, just a quirk i have.) so she wears anything i put on her and doesn't seem to mind. i think next year she'll be a lion because she's the right color, but she has no tail, just a stub.

YcBLVhV.jpg

that's the "why me?" stare. haha
AF1QipOgERSqG2Qnr9rL8pMz1wLrW8VY-slps-tNmnTi

she loves wearing stuff. i've been putting back packs and different harnesses on her since we got her. (mostly because i hate collars, just a quirk i have.) so she wears anything i put on her and doesn't seem to mind. i think next year she'll be a lion because she's the right color, but she has no tail, just a stub.

YcBLVhV.jpg

that's the "why me?" stare. haha
AF1QipOgERSqG2Qnr9rL8pMz1wLrW8VY-slps-tNmnTi
Just Precious :)

Reactions: Olds442
Thank you! we got Noelle 4 yrs ago from a shelter here in IL. she originated in the "system" in AL and bounced over 4 states in a month. she was a wreck when we got her. her ears came up after a few days of feeling safe, and she came around as a loving cuddler that loves the dog park and racing the trains that go next to it. she saved us, that's just how it works.

here, get Bugs something like this! he looks like a happy camper right there!

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...-costumes/star-wars-yoda-illusion-dog-costume

we got Noelle 4 yrs ago from a shelter here in IL. she originated in the "system" in AL and bounced over 4 states in a month. she was a wreck when we got her. her ears came up after a few days of feeling safe, and she came around as a loving cuddler that loves the dog park and racing the trains that go next to it. she saved us, that's just how it works.

here, get Bugs something like this! he looks like a happy camper right there!

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...-costumes/star-wars-yoda-illusion-dog-costume
HAHAHAHAHAHA hysterical. he is NOT the costume type. more terrier and above it all. He saved us as well. We have 2 other purebreds at home: a Coton and a Havanese but Bugs is distinctly a different pup. He is amazing. Thanks for the costume tip hahahaha

I feel for you, but I'd follow @bonnie's advice. My hatch was also not aligned at the time and it made me worry, however, because it's a large hatch, I learned the shim function of the 4 stoppers in the trunk must be adjusted for each vehicle. The chrome and other trim are also easily adjusted, which speaks to one of the nicest thing about the Tesla is that it is usually very easy to correct these issues since so much of the car is snap-in replaceable. These surface defects make people worry that there are larger defects beneath the surface, but I find it is the opposite. The drive train and autopilot system have been extremely reliable and robust, though there are horror stories out there..... but in my case, I find that the surface issues are just that... surface issues.

Though the exterior delivery quality may not be in line with a Lexus, the Tesla is so vastly superior to Lexus (and every other car I've ever owned), that I look back and get pissed that I gave money to "luxury brands" in the past.

Your post captures the anxiety and frustration that can take place if the delivery experience doesn't go well, or if you don't happen to have a super awesome sales person like I did that helped calm me through any defects I found.

Get the seat fixed, ask them to fix the trim and adjust the hatch and don't look back! Congrats on your new Tesla whenever it happens for you :)
This!
There is no luxury when you have steam engine under the hood, a laggy throttle and a stop-start engine cutoff.

Thanks Comanche pilot, We are all over it. They say car will be done on Weds. We will see.I told them we require delivery prior to 12/31. They have also asked me "what do you need to make this right"? hmmmmmmmm what would you ask for ?
if its the same car- you want 2 years to 100k extended warranty. . .

If its a different car - then ensuring delivery by 12/31 and waive any transfer fees - and give you the first 24 months maintenance gratis seems reasonable for having to traipse to the delivery center and go through the whole rigamarole again.

Tesla really need a vision camera system at the end of the line to pick up some of the more glaring issues.

Having said that, the reason they have so many manufacturing issues is because of their rush towards automated and the fact they've really only been making cars for 5 years when the rest of the industry has decades more experience.

It doesn't excuse bad service from the people in the Tesla showroom, though. I hope you get these issues resolved to your satisfaction and you reconsider your negative view of the company. I can understand how disappointed you are, especially as you have paid that kind of money - but Tesla do have a good record of fixing these things once they have been reported.

I am taking delivery on Tues, new inventory MS 100D. I have an 85D now. Have not had problems with it. Were I to experience your issues (though like Canuck, I would like to see pictures), i would refuse delivery. I also made a point of politely telling the OA that I would not take delivery if there were serious quality issues; I would expect Tesla to fix them first. As mine was an inventory car (95 miles), and I had a few things to work out first, they have hopefully had time to adequately check out the car. I will update this post after Tuesday; I do post positive call-outs as I want others to be able to see both plus and minus experiences. I sat on the fence for ~6 months before deciding to upgrade, watching to see how product quality, service quality, and feature development were trending. I judged things were better and trending up. Am sorry for your experience. I hope they make it right. It is a great car that has brought me much enjoyment in the 2.5 years I have had it.

KUDOS TO THE ROCKVILLE SC DELIVERY TEAM! Easy and painless delivery today of new S 100D. They did an extra QA of the car before I picked it up (I sent them a copy of the thread). I saw no issues with fit, trim, or interior. Car is now at detailer getting partial wrap and paint protection applied.

Saw updates from @allset. Glad things seem to be working out for you.

if its the same car- you want 2 years to 100k extended warranty. . .

If its a different car - then ensuring delivery by 12/31 and waive any transfer fees - and give you the first 24 months maintenance gratis seems reasonable for having to traipse to the delivery center and go through the whole rigamarole again.
Comanche just got finalized today - New car, just finishing production in Fremont. No transfer fees as we are in CA, free supercharging for life and a 4 year maintenance gratis. Thank you Tesla. Super great manager that we dealt with. the BOMB. AND we locked in a lower interest rate for the loan. We could NOT be happier. Delivery around the 18th :) Pinching myself over and over.

Comanche just got finalized today - New car, just finishing production in Fremont. No transfer fees as we are in CA, free supercharging for life and a 4 year maintenance gratis. Thank you Tesla. Super great manager that we dealt with. the BOMB. AND we locked in a lower interest rate for the loan. We could NOT be happier. Delivery around the 18th :) Pinching myself over and over.
makes me wish that we have major problems on Saturday!!

Not to rain on anyone's Tesla parade, but we went to take delivery today of our new Model 75 S.

It did not happen.

Let's just say there were so many imperfections in the exterior that it took us 30 minutes to document and photograph. We were told different stories by the delivery staff : 1) this is pretty normal and 2) no I don't see what you mean and 3) this is normal for EOQ cars. We were also told that production is always going top speed and this is how some cars come to them and they give them to service to fix.

We were assured these items could be fixed : 1) misaligned hatch 2) Door seal unattached front door passenger side 3) both front doors do not open and close properly 4) chrome trim touching body 2 areas + more ( car was also not detailed as it would have been at another high end dealership)

We were still good to go even after this, went to sit in the interior and my husband in the drivers seat was supposed to adjust it. Well, it did not work. That's when wheels fell off of our bus. The seat would not move forward or backward. They replied," it's probably just a wire," can't fix it today as it is Saturday." I am sorry but this would not have happened at Lexus, MB, BMW or AUDI.

I am so upset about this. We have been waiting and waiting for this car. We were so excited to finally gettin one. Well,
We took our check back and left the building.

We will talk to them Monday - know why? There are NO MANAGERs accessible to delivery staff on Saturday and Sundays in CA. So they can't talk to their bosses until MONDAY. :(

This is a 85k car that is presented like they were doing us a favor. They told us to stand in front of it so they could TAKE OUR PICTURE. That did not happen either

Sorry for my emotions.

So now we have to decide if we have them find us another S or not. I have lost trust in this brand and am more than reluctant to pull this plug.

If anyone can provide me a different perspective and drag me out of this mire I would be grateful.

Trust me i fullly understand. My experience wasn't much better yet I was the bad guy for spotting the issues. They treated everything they did like they didn't have to but would do it as a favor.