Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery of Grey S85 today - BZZZZZT!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome looking car! I pick mine up in two weeks or so, and I guess I don't need to post any pictures now - its grey but has 19" cyclone wheels instead of 21" turbines. Thanks for posting pictures! Reassured me of my color choice big time.

Wow. Lot of folks going with Grey and Tan! I thought I would be unique! :D

Anyone with a Grey/Tan willing to post a pic of the car with the doors open showing the contrast between the Grey exterior and Tan interior? I've yet to see a decent pic of that combo and it's the combo I want for MY Model S. :)

Last edited:
Post some pics when you do, Larry.
I was just discussing this thread with my wife and she shot down (at least without seeing it in person) the grey/tan color combo. Since I need her on board to seal the deal, grey/grey is the current compromise.

I went through the same thing with my wife. I even started a thread on the Grey/Tan combo. Someone posted a couple of pics there and I liked it well enough to order one for myself. My wife agrees in this case Tan and Grey DO go. The "Tan" is not really tan and the "Grey" is not really Grey in the way most people think of them. It works and it looks beautiful.

As an aside is there a Bay Area Tesla Group?

Nope; not that I know of. We must be the most self-obsessed Model S owners in the world; even LA has a group ;) It usually takes some Tesla event or something big like Teslive to get atleast some of us to show up!

Back on-topic, congrats Kenneth! Your enthusiasm is really good to see.

What about this: Silicon Valley (CA Bay Area) Tesla Club - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

I went through the same thing with my wife. I even started a thread on the Grey/Tan combo. Someone posted a couple of pics there and I liked it well enough to order one for myself. My wife agrees in this case Tan and Grey DO go. The "Tan" is not really tan and the "Grey" is not really Grey in the way most people think of them. It works and it looks beautiful.

I tried the pictures route. She's unconvinced. I guess it's a "fashion faux pas" of some kind--- not that I would know! I think in person I might be able to convince her but we're not in an area particularly saturated with Teslas, stores, or service centers. That presents a larger hurdle. I just wanted to settle the color discussion so my dreams would be more accurate!

Wow! Thanks; I need to use the TMC website more (I use Tapatalk mostly). Probably missed a reference to this in someone's signature or something.
I joined a couple of weeks ago.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried the pictures route. She's unconvinced. I guess it's a "fashion faux pas" of some kind--- not that I would know! I think in person I might be able to convince her but we're not in an area particularly saturated with Teslas, stores, or service centers. That presents a larger hurdle. I just wanted to settle the color discussion so my dreams would be more accurate!
It's actually not any more. You can google it. Certain shades of Grey do go with certain shades of Tan. Even JLo does it. You can also point out to her that the designers at Tesla used Grey Piping on the Tan performance seats. The same grey they use for the Paint and it looks great. That was the convincer for my wife. She can't argue with a DESIGNER can she? ;)