Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery of Grey S85 today - BZZZZZT!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like everyone else waiting for their baby I have spent obscene amounts of time reading these forums, watching vids, and of course falling asleep to mega factories: Tesla, dreaming it being my car as body in white

Jon Niskanen at the Mississauga delivery center is a freaking rockstar - if TSLA leadership is listening give this guy some people to help him, he was an amazing ambassador for the brand!!!

What a difference from test drives, completely different vibe - especially from my wife who is already worrying about the color of her model X after I caught her at 155km/h (cops take your car at roadside for over 150). :). Guess that answered by post from another thread about spousal reactions!

Have put 300km on today and other than this baby being the most badass space rocket great-white-shark looking rockstar here is what stood out or surprised me:

- the acceleration was explosive from all speeds, will never get used to that :)
- touchscreen is wicked smooth, for some reason I expected more of an airport kiosk feel
- on test drives regen was making me a little carsick but today we both mastered it within a couple hours. Only touching brakes on hills rules!
- soooo much room. My kids front facing seats have WAY more room than my 7 seat Volvo xc90! Like they can't kick the back of the seat in the model s, but easily touch the Volvo. So superior, I detest that gas box already
- browser all but useless. Can't reload a page, navigate , do anything with it really... Maybe I need to rebook the console?
- no need for panic handles - the door has that nice grabber area already
- new rule: anyone can sit in it, only people who can afford their own can drive it
- really hadn't thought about how cool looking the car was until I got it, was so jazzed about all the other aspects but am really appreciating the grey
- slacker is amazing, I was so worried about lack of iPod support but would never use it after seeing how awesome slacker works
- will not want consoles added, the space feels like freedom.
- having not had a lot of luxury cars in the past - I thought the interior felt really high-end, and love how comfortable it is
- seat adjusts soooo well. Love it
- plugging it in is perhaps more satisfying than flooring it.

oh, and pics!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Ah man.... That's just... bad... ass! A friend told me it looks like the kind of car Tony Stark or Silver Surfer would drive. :D

Just received the VIN on a Grey with Tan coming at the end of October. If you want to post some pics with the doors open showing the Grey on Tan together, that would be more than fine with me!

ETA: LOL at all the late nights falling asleep to "Mega Factories"! I did that last night when I was watching it for the tenth time. :D

Last edited:
Congratulations.
No, the Buzz doesn't wear off, you just become more accustomed to how good it feels all the time.
What an elegant and mature (that is a GOOD thing) looking car, and so quiet, capable, wonderful.
GREAT color combination and wheels!

Ah man.... That's just... bad... ass! A friend told me it looks like the kind of car Tony Stark or Silver Surfer would drive. :D

Just received the VIN on a Grey with Tan coming at the end of October. If you want to post some pics with the doors open showing the Grey on Tan together, that would be more than fine with me!

ETA: LOL at all the late nights falling asleep to "Mega Factories"! I did that last night when I was watching it for the tenth time. :D

Congrats! Seeing your helps reinforce the grey w/ tan combo choice- looks great! Please do post more brag pics of your baby when you have a chance!

IMG_4297.jpg
IMG_4298.jpg
IMG_4299.jpg

ok - so still need interior shots, and to get pics of the wheels with the sweeeet 'T' stickers (black) - really makes the wheels stand out. Put another 200k on today, wife added 50, whoop!!!

- - - Updated - - -

It looks kinda green in the bottom pic eh? It was a really ninja dark grey this evening when my wife pulled up.
Love being able to put little notes in the driver profile name to win points :)