Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Free Unlimited Supercharging cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then you have this "bait and switch" lawsuit from last Spring's Tesla Supercharger Transfer offer. Not sure of it's status.

That case was dismissed about 2 months ago.

But in any case, the claim is probably 100% false. The promotion that started back in April required that you order and take delivery between 4/20/23 and 6/30/23. The person in the suit took delivery on 4/22, so they likely ordered prior to 4/20, which if I recall correctly, was before they raised the prices. (Meaning that they didn't qualify for the 3-years of free Supercharging.)

• Informative
Reactions: NV Ray
When I was finally able to reach someone at Tesla to request the transfer paperwork be sent to me (thank goodness I read the fine print) ahead of delivery day, I received an updated “final” price sheet that was $270.00 more. Turned out to be subtraction of my referral credit plus tax so the transfer wasn’t totally free. Still happy with the car and it charges super fast. Didn’t drop below 100kw until 70%.

Reactions: Videomatic3
When I was finally able to reach someone at Tesla to request the transfer paperwork be sent to me (thank goodness I read the fine print) ahead of delivery day, I received an updated “final” price sheet that was $270.00 more. Turned out to be subtraction of my referral credit plus tax so the transfer wasn’t totally free. Still happy with the car and it charges super fast. Didn’t drop below 100kw until 70%.
Did you still get the 90 day FSD free trial?

Yes I did. Didn’t realize it until I checked the specs in the app to see if the pay-as-you-go had been changed to free supercharging. They told me up to 72 hour, but nothing yet.
I got it, too. I thought I was losing both the $250 referral discount AND the FSD trial, but I also noticed Full Self Driving Capability in the specs in the app. It works better than I expected, but even if it works perfectly I’m going to end up with a lot more rock chips and already got a new one on my 100 mile commute to work the third day I had the car.

Ordinarily, if I see a gravel truck 1/2 mile ahead of me on the freeway, I immediately move as many lanes away from it as possible. FSD will drive in the same lane as the truck until just before it would cause the car to slow down, and that’s what happened. I wanted to give it a try without any intervention (hands on the wheel and ready to stomp on the brakes, of course). Won’t let that happen again. Going forward, I’m taking it out of FSD at first sight of a gravel truck.