Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update for my delivery tomorrow.

Got instruction email from Tesla stating for home delivery, I must first 'Accept Delivery' before I can unlock the car.

For that reason, I've changed to take delivery at the nearby service center. It was pretty easy to do with their call center. Although the advisor assured me that the build quality is really good now, I still want the chance to inspect before accepting.

Got instruction email from Tesla stating for home delivery, I must first 'Accept Delivery' before I can unlock the car.

For that reason, I've changed to take delivery at the nearby service center. It was pretty easy to do with their call center. Although the advisor assured me that the build quality is really good now, I still want the chance to inspect before accepting.
Excellent choice

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
My EDD just went from November 5th - 25th to September 14th - September 24th. I was actually good with the later delivery. Wondering if I can push this out or if it’s a glitch.
👋 also Austin delivery!

It may continue to bounce around. If not, there is not much flexibility on the delivery date. Tesla allows a few days, but definitely not much more. You always have the option to just put the order on hold; though that may result in even more of a delay than you want.

Picking up tomorrow too. I'm not planning to pay the downpayment until I see it and have inspected for visual issues. Does the accept delivery button come up before or after the down payment has been made?

Just disregard whatever they say once your delivery is scheduled. You don't have to accept anything before inspecting the car. I didn't. I went to the delivery center with a cashier's check, inspected the car and then, only then I did all the acceptance over my iPhone at the spot ... signed few papers, which Tesla guy will scan and send it to you over email later on. Good luck with your delivery.

Reactions: BwiseY
Picking up tomorrow too. I'm not planning to pay the downpayment until I see it and have inspected for visual issues. Does the accept delivery button come up before or after the down payment has been made?
Just disregard whatever they say once your delivery is scheduled. You don't have to accept anything before inspecting the car. I didn't. I went to the delivery center with a cashier's check, inspected the car and then, only then I did all the acceptance over my iPhone at the spot ... signed few papers, which Tesla guy will scan and send it to you over email later on. Good luck with your delivery.

my Delivery was tomorrow too but just pushed to 9/7 due to hurricane IDA.
Said my car is stuck in NJ since yesterday (I'm in MA).
Hopefully the car isn't flooded

This doesn't sound right. Did you confirm your profile was completed? Did you make any changes (Trade/Finance)?
Does changing from finance to cash have an effect? I was a 7/1 order date and completed my profile immediately. A few weeks later I decided to switch to cash. My initial dat was September 15-30, since then have moved all over the place, and am now looking at Nov 27 - Dec 17.

Does changing from finance to cash have an effect? I was a 7/1 order date and completed my profile immediately. A few weeks later I decided to switch to cash. My initial dat was September 15-30, since then have moved all over the place, and am now looking at Nov 27 - Dec 17.
Supposedly it does not, but we have seen orders get pushed back as it may be seen as a "profile change". Best just not to touch anything once the order is placed. Even if financing expires, just let it sit until you get a VIN.

Reactions: MarjLa388