Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys are funny... I've had 30 EDD window changes.

For the first time in 95 days my EDD window is less than 20 days! I'm happy about that.

1630945441489.png

1630945613061.png

I ordered 6/11/21 model y, midnight silver, induction wheels and delivery date was mid July to early august and then switched to early August to late august and then switched to late august to mid September and then again mid September to late September and then again end of September to late October. The number of switching is ridiculous and I’m wondering if anyone is experiencing this! I’m trading in my car which also keeps on expiring so I have to update the odometer every month so wondering if that’s like causing delays!
I'm in the same boat. My new EDD is 9/30 - 10/20 after weeks of 9/18 - 10/20. I'm also trading it my current car as well. The value decreased by $1,100 after it expired the first time AND I didn't put any miles during that time (advantage of WFH). The value is now back up and expires 9/29 -- fingers crossed I'll get it before then. From what I've read, that's mostly not why it's causing delays.

Best of luck with your order and hope you get your VIN soon!

OD: 6/15 | MYLR | Exterior: Pearl White | Interior: Black | Seats: 5 | Wheels: 20" | Tow? No | FSD? No | DC: Rocklin

Reactions: MarjLa388
I'm in the same boat. My new EDD is 9/30 - 10/20 after weeks of 9/18 - 10/20. I'm also trading it my current car as well. The value decreased by $1,100 after it expired the first time AND I didn't put any miles during that time (advantage of WFH). The value is now back up and expires 9/29 -- fingers crossed I'll get it before then. From what I've read, that's mostly not why it's causing delays.

Best of luck with your order and hope you get your VIN soon!

OD: 6/15 | MYLR | Exterior: Pearl White | Interior: Black | Seats: 5 | Wheels: 20" | Tow? No | FSD? No | DC: Rocklin
You can update your signature now with that info! (Now that you have 6 posts)

Reactions: lalapuglooza
My 7/16 order for blue MYLR is holding steady with an EDD of 11/15 to 12/5.
did call SA, and he said that estimate looks to be about right from what he can tell. said upgrading to performance model would get delivered within 4 weeks. tempting, but if i put extra $ into the car, it would be for self driving as i prefer the longer range battery to the performance model.

Reactions: Ladybugn and lulu2
Holding steady - no change in EDD since August 30.

Model Y LR, White, White, 19", five seats, no hitch, no FSD, Massachusetts.
Ordered Tuesday July 13 with a projected October delivery; one day later the website presented a window of September 12 - September 30.

• July 23: The dates changed to September 06 - September 26.
  • July 24: The dates disappeared.
  • July 30: The dates returned, and they moved up to August 22- September 11.
  • August 1: The dates moved back to September 12 - September 30.
  • August 2: Estimated delivery: October.
  • August 4: Estimated delivery disappeared again.
  • August 8: Estimated delivery: October returned.
  • August 10: The dates returned, now September 13 - September 30.
  • August 11: The dates moved back a month to October 11 - October 31.
  • August 12: The dates moved ahead one day to October 10 - October 30.
  • August 15: The dates moved back one day to October 11 - October 31.
  • August 18: The dates moved back five days to October 16 – November 05.
  • August 27: Estimated delivery: October.
  • August 30: The dates moved back eight days to October 24 – November 13.

You guys are funny... I've had 30 EDD window changes.

For the first time in 95 days my EDD window is less than 20 days! I'm happy about that.

View attachment 705836

View attachment 705840
I have the same experience with my order date of 6/3. Unfortunately, the narrowest window I had was 18 days and has since gone back to 20 a few times now. I'm stuck at 10/1-10/21 for the past week. I'm hoping us early June people get our cars before quarter's end but I have a soft match date of 10/1 however I've had several of those over the summer that came and went.

Reactions: DZMY and MTBevrider
Holding steady - no change in EDD since August 30.

Model Y LR, White, White, 19", five seats, no hitch, no FSD, Massachusetts.
Ordered Tuesday July 13 with a projected October delivery; one day later the website presented a window of September 12 - September 30.

• July 23: The dates changed to September 06 - September 26.
  • July 24: The dates disappeared.
  • July 30: The dates returned, and they moved up to August 22- September 11.
  • August 1: The dates moved back to September 12 - September 30.
  • August 2: Estimated delivery: October.
  • August 4: Estimated delivery disappeared again.
  • August 8: Estimated delivery: October returned.
  • August 10: The dates returned, now September 13 - September 30.
  • August 11: The dates moved back a month to October 11 - October 31.
  • August 12: The dates moved ahead one day to October 10 - October 30.
  • August 15: The dates moved back one day to October 11 - October 31.
  • August 18: The dates moved back five days to October 16 – November 05.
  • August 27: Estimated delivery: October.
  • August 30: The dates moved back eight days to October 24 – November 13.
Just about the same EDD ride as you… same build. OD was 7/1

Reactions: Paul02474
I ordered 6/11/21 model y, midnight silver, induction wheels and delivery date was mid July to early august and then switched to early August to late august and then switched to late august to mid September and then again mid September to late September and then again end of September to late October. The number of switching is ridiculous and I’m wondering if anyone is experiencing this! I’m trading in my car which also keeps on expiring so I have to update the odometer every month so wondering if that’s like causing delays!
Hey, 6/6 order here, had a very similar experience to what you are describing except mine is now showing late Oct-early Nov.
At this point I do not trust anything the SAs tell me. Ive had “soft matches” in July, Aug, Sept, none of which have meant anything. I originally had a trade in with Tesla, the second time I had to update the odometer they never provided me an updated quote, so I just cancelled the trade in because I was concerned their incompetence would cause me to go back in the queue. I am giving it until the first week of October for a VIN, then I am cutting my losses and getting another ICE car.

If you go over to the current delivery times thread you will find about 1700 pages of us complaining, commiserating, and crying about the whole ordering process. Best of luck to you and I hope it stabilizes for you real soon!

Last edited: