Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered June 10, still no VIN, current EDD on website is 19Nov-09Dec. However, when I checked with my SA she says I'm scheduled for this month (Sept). She said I should get my VIN with this week. Here's crossing fingers and toes. MYLR, MSM, Black Interior, Induction Wheels.
I am hoping for you!! I have the same build but 10/1-20 range...I would like a September VIN..assignment

Ordered June 10, still no VIN, current EDD on website is 19Nov-09Dec. However, when I checked with my SA she says I'm scheduled for this month (Sept). She said I should get my VIN with this week. Here's crossing fingers and toes. MYLR, MSM, Black Interior, Induction Wheels.
My SA seemingly can't tell me anything beyond exactly what my account page tells me (if I can even get a response at all). Ordered June 20 with a similar EDD (Nov 17-Dec7) with no VIN or any other indication that my order is progressing. I'm curious how you got them to tell you you're scheduled for this month or how they found that information.

Here's hoping what she told you is true!

My SA seemingly can't tell me anything beyond exactly what my account page tells me (if I can even get a response at all). Ordered June 20 with a similar EDD (Nov 17-Dec7) with no VIN or any other indication that my order is progressing. I'm curious how you got them to tell you you're scheduled for this month or how they found that information.

Here's hoping what she told you is true!
They look into a soft match system that is not accurate and I think meant to placate us.

Reactions: Joshnolan225
We have the same build. MY EDD is 10/1-10/21. Either my SA is screwing with my order or Tesla doesn't want to deliver our cars that are $2,000 less than today's prices.
My car is booked at a price of $5k less than today’s prices…. If I can’t close this purchase this month then I’ll know why for sure. My price is locked fully configured at $51990

Reactions: Sherwood_John
My car is booked at a price of $5k less than today’s prices…. If I can’t close this purchase this month then I’ll know why for sure. My price is locked fully configured at $51990
That is a great price. I booked at $51,990 then added the induction wheels. I'm glad I booked when I did but I hesitated too long and watched the price go up $1,000 before I pulled the trigger.

Interesting that different people are getting different responses from their SAs on this - my SA said that he has no way to get information on my order beyond the same EDD that I see in my account. Do some SAs know things that others don't? Should I just call into the main sales support number to see if I get better information?

I'm also locked in at $5k less ($48,990 base)! Just pure luck based on when my reservation went on hold. I moved to active early July and now just waiting.
Super jelly, I was test driving the car when it was at that price and my SA was encouraging me to lock it in. I should have listened. I ended up ordering after 3 price increases at a price of $50,990, still $3k lower than today's price.