Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my VIN 7SAYGAEE0NFXXXXXX... YAAAY!!!

Waiting for the check from DCU and then hopefully delivery next week.

My VIN says 2022 model? Can someone please check it out? Would really appreciate it.
Congrats! Yours is a 2022. Also your account should not update to say "2022 Tesla Model Y" on the landing page. Just curious what's your EDD / what was it right before VIN?

Ordered MYP Blue - Tow - Black on Sat Oct 30. Just got an email saying they are ready to deliver 11/3 - 11/7! "M" in VIN so it's a 2021. Not sure if I'll accept it. Really odd it was avail so quickly. I'm guessing someone else didn't want the 21 either :). I'm in SLC, UT.
Yes. Most likely someone got a VIN, and then put it on hold, either wanting a 2022 VIN or waiting for tax credit.

Hmm, well, this is happening fast now. I got a VIN, but it looks like a 2021 VIN. That and I'm out of town for part of the new delivery window of 11/4 until 11/8. Plus, I wanted to wait out the tax situation. Anyway, here's the important part of the VIN:

5YJYGDEE8MF30xxxx

I can't review the agreements yet, but they want my $:

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery​

I originally put in for a loan, but the 60 days is long since over. I'm looking to finance with USAA instead.

Obviously this is a great problem to have, but should I throw back the VIN for now, since this is much too soon? I guess I will ask my SA.

Thanks!

It’s official. I got the text from Tesla. Pick up Nov 6th 11am NJ
I’m later than you (August order in the July thread) but I am looking for multiple black exterior deliveries, and I haven’t found too many. My EDD fell from Nov 11th - Dec 9th to the end of January/February. Makes no sense…
Yes. OD is 7/31. MYLR Blue/White seats/20 inch rims. Fluctuated from late October to November, but EDD has been steady at 11/15-12/13. Losing patience!!

Yeah it's hard to believe that what, not even two weeks ago, they were saying "May" - granted it was a glitch.

I also get the feeling the Irvine DC is delivering cars faster than Costa Mesa did.

I found that my SA is out today and tomorrow ("fantastic") so I'm trying to get the financing arranged so I can take delivery tomorrow, since they can't push it to Wednesday. I don't have $60k in cash ready.

It's a bit frustrating that they dropped this on me earlier than the start of the EDD and expect me to jump the hoops on their time. But yeah, it's Tesla. 😅

Yeah it's hard to believe that what, not even two weeks ago, they were saying "May" - granted it was a glitch.

I also get the feeling the Irvine DC is delivering cars faster than Costa Mesa did.

I found that my SA is out today and tomorrow ("fantastic") so I'm trying to get the financing arranged so I can take delivery tomorrow, since they can't push it to Wednesday. I don't have $60k in cash ready.

It's a bit frustrating that they dropped this on me earlier than the start of the EDD and expect me to jump the hoops on their time. But yeah, it's Tesla. 😅
My SA wasn't available like he was prior to getting the VIN. So I just contacted Tesla via chat and they helped out with everything. He actually contacted me today because I had a question about holding off the delivery for a 2022 VIN. Everyone at Tesla says the something. Don't do it if you don't want to wait 2-3 months. I was like no need to say more. Pick up it is. I see 2020 models going for 63K and 2021 65k so resale value is not a big deal for those worrying about the year.

My SA wasn't available like he was prior to getting the VIN. So I just contacted Tesla via chat and they helped out with everything. He actually contacted me today because I had a question about holding off the delivery for a 2022 VIN. Everyone at Tesla says the something. Don't do it if you don't want to wait 2-3 months. I was like no need to say more. Pick up it is. I see 2020 models going for 63K and 2021 65k so resale value is not a big deal for those worrying about the year.

Yeah, I guess a "bird in the hand" it is. And I was looking at used prices. Depending on what happens with the tax credit, the valuation should hold well.

So, delivery just called me and I'm scheduled for Noon tomorrow! Now I need to figure out how to get my down payment out of T-Mobile Money. I don't think I can transfer to WF that fast and how would I get a Cashier's Check from TMM? Um, yeah, I will be calling TMM next!

I don't think saying, "I have the money, but not with me!..." is going to work any better for me than it did for Han.

• Funny
Reactions: samori01