Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are you selling your 2021 model? If you buy another one 22 model you're still paying the same price
Cause I drove it for a year for free. Also wanted a different color - MSM this time. 19" wheels better for us and we got the 7 seater. Not to mention all the updates that took place in a year - heated steering wheel being #1 on that list. I ordered in July before the recent (several) increases.

Cause I drove it for a year for free. Also wanted a different color - MSM this time. 19" wheels better for us and we got the 7 seater. Not to mention all the updates that took place in a year - heated steering wheel being #1 on that list. I ordered in July before the recent (several) increases.
Oh you have the early 2021 version. And now you are waiting for the late 2021 or 2022 VIN got it

I got a VIN!! MF306XXX OD: 7/29. I was looking at the Existing Inventory page and decided to chat with a rep and ask if there were any available outside the 200 mile search radius. She found a LR AWD Blue/White/5 Seat/19”/Tow/NoFSD available (I originally ordered White but after seeing the MY in person, I wanted Blue or Gray). I jumped on it and said, “If it’s available, I WANT IT.” Now, it’s mine and will be taking delivery next week once it arrives in Burbank! So excited!

I got a VIN!! MF306XXX OD: 7/29. I was looking at the Existing Inventory page and decided to chat with a rep and ask if there were any available outside the 200 mile search radius. She found a LR AWD Blue/White/5 Seat/19”/Tow/NoFSD available (I originally ordered White but after seeing the MY in person, I wanted Blue or Gray). I jumped on it and said, “If it’s available, I WANT IT.” Now, it’s mine and will be taking delivery next week once it arrives in Burbank! So excited!
Do you pay current price on the blue MY or do you keep the price from July when you ordered?

Folks, can you please advise?
My SA told me on the phone that after receiving a VIN and payment, you now wait for the delivery date and then before your pickup time upload your insurance.
One of my friend said, her SA asked her to put the insurance first in order to receive the delivery date.
Which one is true? Without uploading insurance, they don't schedule the delivery?
Please help.
You just have to upload insurance of your old car. My SA told me to upload after I had already received VIN, had the message to schedule delivery (and already scheduled delivery), and my trade in valuation was already done. So, I am not sure what you're being told is true. I plan to take the new insurance with me, when I go to pick up the car next week. This is exactly the same process when we got our M3.

You just have to upload insurance of your old car. My SA told me to upload after I had already received VIN, had the message to schedule delivery (and already scheduled delivery), and my trade in valuation was already done. So, I am not sure what you're being told is true. I plan to take the new insurance with me, when I go to pick up the car next week. This is exactly the same process when we got our M3.
It does depend on your state. There are 12 states that require you to put the VIN on your policy before pickup. Check the insurance portion of your acct to see which states.

Folks, can you please advise?
My SA told me on the phone that after receiving a VIN and payment, you now wait for the delivery date and then before your pickup time upload your insurance.
One of my friend said, her SA asked her to put the insurance first in order to receive the delivery date.
Which one is true? Without uploading insurance, they don't schedule the delivery?
Please help.
Just make sure you upload your insurance info that is valid for next 60-90 days. Delaware is a state that allows current car coverage.

I ordered my red, lr, induction, hitch, white interior in Aug 2021. Original estimate was Nov 2021. during that time it moved to Feb 2022, Oct 2021, April 2022, then got the VIN and a delivery date in Nov 2021. Took delivery Nov 3rd. Just about the original estimated delivery date.
How soon did delivery reach out to you after VIN?

View attachment 726689
*posted on another thread*
It has been a very rough week. I allowed my friend to drive my car, with me in the passenger, and we ended up rear ending another vehicle. We were coming up to an intersection and the other driver was in the right lane, attempts to switch to the left most lane and cutting us off in the process. The other driver was cited and found to be at fault. Thank god I was able to retrieve the dash footage or else we would’ve been at fault.
More updates to follow.
Update on my MYLR.
I have been told that it's a total loss, and will be sending a check a lot more than I expected. But due to the such high demand, massive price increases, and long delivery times, I had to settle with a MYP and I still have to spend $1.5K more with the check 😭 placed the order yesterday with a January EDD, but now it's Dec 18-31. Kinda hope it's January so I can get the new tax credit.

MYP, blue/white, no tow, no FSD

Update on my MYLR.
I have been told that it's a total loss, and will be sending a check a lot more than I expected. But due to the such high demand, massive price increases, and long delivery times, I had to settle with a MYP and I still have to spend $1.5K more with the check 😭 placed the order yesterday with a January EDD, but now it's Dec 18-31. Kinda hope it's January so I can get the new tax credit.

MYP, blue/white, no tow, no FSD
wow! Just curious what was your purchase price vs how much they wrote the check for? Sounds like you came out ahead :O

Reactions: DanJae