Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried to get details but the DS was not very revealing on what the problem was. He was waiting to hear back from the body shop. You would think a big issue should have been caught at the factory. Possibly damage on transport?

Any panel alignments Tesla will mostly send to body shops whether it’s FWD , hood or tailgate ...I just take that comment as the tailgate was misaligned ..if there is damage via transport it’s easy to spot a repaint ...and sounds like the DS would have told you but his comment was wait for body shop ...if the thing was smashed Im sure that is ez enough to spot ;)

• Informative
Reactions: xyeahtony
Tried to get details but the DS was not very revealing on what the problem was. He was waiting to hear back from the body shop. You would think a big issue should have been caught at the factory. Possibly damage on transport?
My guess is that it was damage on transport. Maybe it got hit in a storm or some random debris. Or something went wrong during delivery. They backed it into something when getting your vehicle off the truck? If it really concerns you, you could try calling the SC and ask if you can learn what went wrong.

If they won't tell you and it makes you feel really uneasy, you can threaten them to tell you otherwise you'll refuse delivery. And then refuse delivery and force them to build you a new one, but you always run the risk of this happening again :(

Hopefully you can find an answer if you really want to know. On the other hand, ignorance is bliss, so whatever works best for you. :D

One of my panels was misaligned, and the service guys told me if the quarter panel was misaligned, it'd have to go to the body shop because that panel was welded onto the car. However, we think the issue might be the bumper. On the passenger side, the bumper was pushed in 1-2mm more than the other side and that may have been the panel raised up a little bit which made the plastic trim around the wheel look a bit off. They said they can try to mess w/ the bumper without sending it a body shop, but yeah panels would go to the shop.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I agree, but not the news I wanted day before pickup. Just gives me an overall bad feeling. Will keep updated.

Sorry to hear, it's a downer to get this kind of news before delivery. Given the build quality issues of the X, I guess this could either be a factory issue or as others pointed out possible damage during transport. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction, good luck and keep us posted.

Sorry to hear, it's a downer to get this kind of news before delivery. Given the build quality issues of the X, I guess this could either be a factory issue or as others pointed out possible damage during transport. Hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction, good luck and keep us posted.

Update

Assigned to a new DS today.

Car at body shop and was assessed, they need to order a new piece for liftgate...something with trim malalignment is all new DS told me. She has already been in touch with me 3 times today which is half as many times I’ve been in contact with old DS in total.

Next update is Monday afternoon.

Update

Assigned to a new DS today.

Car at body shop and was assessed, they need to order a new piece for liftgate...something with trim malalignment is all new DS told me. She has already been in touch with me 3 times today which is half as many times I’ve been in contact with old DS in total.

Next update is Monday afternoon.

What trim ? There is only interior trim on the hatch ..only way inside trim would get misaligned is if hit ..:(

Car is coming back from the detailer today. I included some $10 center cap decals from Amazon to see if they could install those as well... they turned out ok!

Attachments

• 35194.jpeg
    35194.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: P85_DA and TexasRat
Congratulations! Where did you get your film and detail? I'd definitely get it on my next one. I just cannot decide on my next Tesla. I have a 3 reserved, but it may be too small.

I got it done by First Impression out of Sarasota. They are a sponsor of TMC. They offer free transport for a 75 mile radius and $2/mile after that. They picked it up from the SC, installed full tint, PPF, ceramic coating, and installed my Blackvue over the course of a week. The car looks great.

The X is pretty amazing. After experiencing an S over the past (almost) 6 years, this is just another level. I'm glad Elon overengineered, and I'm also glad I gave up my Sig X reservation and waited a couple of years.

Here are the pics! I programmed homelink and installed the all-weather mats (from autoauthority, $86). Pics are before I installed the rear mat since I had it warming up in the sun. The detailer installed the red T logo on the center caps. I've decided to wait until next weekend before I start installing the CF chrome delete on the door handles and rear hatch trim. I'm keeping it debadged.

Attachments

• 20180812_101612.jpg
    20180812_101612.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 20180812_101647.jpg
    20180812_101647.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 111
  • 20180812_101708.jpg
    20180812_101708.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 20180812_101748.jpg
    20180812_101748.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 20180812_102001.jpg
    20180812_102001.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 106
The house is impressive, but he may have driven to someone else's home. I used to take photos in front of a big colonial home. :D

Thanks! And yes, it's mine. We designed and built. With 3 kids age 6 and under we designed a courtyard framed by the garages. Kids play out front with no worry of accidentally running out into the road.