Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First supercharging experience! Took about 25 minutes to go from 50% to 90%. Went inside the Whole Foods to grab a snack in the meantime.

Attachments

• 20180819_142929.jpg
    20180819_142929.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 82
  • 20180819_142941.jpg
    20180819_142941.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Update.

As of this writing my new X sits at a body shop and is awaiting a new lift gate. I am currently 11 days post my old delivery date. They still have no part and the best i get from the DS is that they are “hopefully” going to get updated information from California tomorrow.

Oh and the kicker is the new lift gate will be painted at the body shop with color matching! This is a brand new car!!!

My patience has run its course. This VIN is attached to me on paper but yet I’m sitting waiting as if I already own it.

So, I sent an email to my DS, the local delivery manager and my OA explaining that I’m tired of waiting for a new defective car with no timeline. I want them to come up with a solution tomorrow. They need to get the part by end of week, find inventory for me or we reorder a new VIN.

Let’s see what happens tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

Update.

As of this writing my new X sits at a body shop and is awaiting a new lift gate. I am currently 11 days post my old delivery date. They still have no part and the best i get from the DS is that they are “hopefully” going to get updated information from California tomorrow.

Oh and the kicker is the new lift gate will be painted at the body shop with color matching! This is a brand new car!!!

My patience has run its course. This VIN is attached to me on paper but yet I’m sitting waiting as if I already own it.

So, I sent an email to my DS, the local delivery manager and my OA explaining that I’m tired of waiting for a new defective car with no timeline. I want them to come up with a solution tomorrow. They need to get the part by end of week, find inventory for me or we reorder a new VIN.

Wish me luck.

Goodness gracious, what a cluster. At this point I would go inventory or new order. The new liftgate will not be a perfect match for your current X since those (I'm assuming) get painted on the body during production. Good luck!

Reactions: IRDoc
Update.

Wish me luck.

Sounds like bigger deal than they originally explained ask for new build or inventory ..personally I would pass and I have high tolerance for stuff like this

Reactions: IRDoc
Here are the pics! I programmed homelink and installed the all-weather mats (from autoauthority, $86). Pics are before I installed the rear mat since I had it warming up in the sun. The detailer installed the red T logo on the center caps. I've decided to wait until next weekend before I start installing the CF chrome delete on the door handles and rear hatch trim. I'm keeping it debadged.

i cant get over how sexy this is.

Reactions: Anzir and P85_DA
Black with white is a great combo. Have you ordered yet?

im entered for a free tesla raffle on labor day. Chicago Chesed Fund Raffle
if i dont win (i know i probably wont) then i'll order then. Its deff basically a given its gonna be solid black/white interior at this point. Still going back and forth between 75D/100D. I'd get a 100D just to save time with supercharging, but with a kid that needs frequent stops, that might be a nonfactor.

im entered for a free tesla raffle on labor day. Chicago Chesed Fund Raffle
if i dont win (i know i probably wont) then i'll order then. Its deff basically a given its gonna be solid black/white interior at this point. Still going back and forth between 75D/100D. I'd get a 100D just to save time with supercharging, but with a kid that needs frequent stops, that might be a nonfactor.

Get the 100. 75 range sucks.

Good luck! My patience is also starting to wear thing as my car is still in the shop 1.5 weeks after dropping it off to deal with FWD alignment issues and a few other minor things. Keep at it, we'll be able to laugh about it later over drinks a few years from now ... :p

Mine was in for 2 weeks in the 1st month. Still have outstanding issues but just so not want to deal with the headaches at the service center...

Update.

Wish me luck.

Serious bummer man. New paint at the body shop? That just means it won't completely match and the thickness will also be different. Id raise some serious hell if i were you. But according to tpham those of us having problems are just .01 percenters so we don't matter...

Get the 100. 75 range sucks.

really only matters if you need the range. I don't need the range, one 75D has been fine for me. I do think the 100D would be better in general, but only if the extra money was of no concern. If I could do it all over again, I'd probably get a 100D just because it's easier when you do need the range, but I have never needed the range, so we couldn't really justify the extra 17k. I'll have to decide next time if it's worth it.

Reactions: xyeahtony and bayx