Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery tomorrow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Part shipped...ETA and delivery unknown

On the flip side they worked to find me a White on white 2018 inventory. Same build as mine except 22 in black rims. Should I take it?

With inventory vehicles, maybe you should ask if someone else rejected it (I doubt they will tell you, but...), and if they did then why...after all you don't want to end up with another headache!

More details which aren’t so good.

Car in a showroom with high traffic so wear and tear on front seat. They are giving a reasonable discount but not sure it’s worth it to jump into this car. My OA advised to wait for another inventory or my current VIN.

Metallic blue
White interior
20 in wheel
I am assuming you'd have to pay the difference in wheel size. I personally would want 20" wheels for the increase in efficiency and ride. I'd consider 22" forged wheels, but that's not what they come with, so that is totally up to you :D

If you don't think the body work is going to bother you, you could just keep your car after repairs. it's a great car no matter what, you just need to find what works for you.

White on white w/ black wheels is pretty nice. I'd personally prefer white on cream w/ black wheels, but I mean you can't really get picky with inventory vehicles.

Dunno, tough choice. Really tough. I'd probably wait at this point and see what the repaired vehicle looks like. If you can tell that there was work done on it, refuse delivery and consider inventory or ordering again. I'd wait though, to see what your options are when you get it back. You said repairs will be done in about a week right?

I am assuming you'd have to pay the difference in wheel size. I personally would want 20" wheels for the increase in efficiency and ride. I'd consider 22" forged wheels, but that's not what they come with, so that is totally up to you :D

If you don't think the body work is going to bother you, you could just keep your car after repairs. it's a great car no matter what, you just need to find what works for you.

White on white w/ black wheels is pretty nice. I'd personally prefer white on cream w/ black wheels, but I mean you can't really get picky with inventory vehicles.

Dunno, tough choice. Really tough. I'd probably wait at this point and see what the repaired vehicle looks like. If you can tell that there was work done on it, refuse delivery and consider inventory or ordering again. I'd wait though, to see what your options are when you get it back. You said repairs will be done in about a week right?

Agree with your assessment. They would swap out wheels to 20 in and reduce price by 5k. The blue is my first choice. I am being told liftgate shipped but no definitive timeframe yet so it may be 2 more weeks. There is also my trade in and Tesla financing that has to be factored. They must hold both rate and trade in value for me to continue waiting for the repaired blue. Definitely hard decision.

Also the white on white showroom car has a front seat with a decent amount of wear that they aren’t interested in fixing or replacing so that is also something i have to consider.

Agree with your assessment. They would swap out wheels to 20 in and reduce price by 5k. The blue is my first choice. I am being told liftgate shipped but no definitive timeframe yet so it may be 2 more weeks. There is also my trade in and Tesla financing that has to be factored. They must hold both rate and trade in value for me to continue waiting for the repaired blue. Definitely hard decision.

Also the white on white showroom car has a front seat with a decent amount of wear that they aren’t interested in fixing or replacing so that is also something i have to consider.
Are they going to reduce the cost of the showroom vehicle to make up for damage?

Yes. There is a 5k adjustment. The fact that my OA is saying he would consider passing makes me wonder what else may be damaged or wrong...
If he thinks you should pass, then you should pass. He'd get credit for your sale either way, so I'd assume he's trying to do you a favor.

I would say worse comes to worst, refuse delivery and reorder another car. Trade in the car then, and ask for a loaner for two months while you wait :)

Reactions: IRDoc
so 10k off the car? That's not that bad actually. Depends on what else is wrong w/ the car. If there's anything wrong, can you take it to service to get it repaired? Do you still get the EV credit? That's a decent chunk off.

In my mind it’s really just 5k off. I don’t factor in the swap of the wheels since you are downgrading to 20 in. EV credit would apply.

True. 5k isn't bad if nothing else is wrong w/ the car. If it's as showroom car, it should have low miles on it and it's never driven, though they probably beat the interior of it to death and the doors and everything is probably opened and closed all the time.