Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery update from order on Oct. 1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know the conversation is happening a lot right now, but I wanted to share my own delivery update. Placed the order on October 1, been sitting with a delivery date of December-Early January, DS said it would be mid-December, now saying January-Early February. Emailed the DS asking why it would shift that far back, but was wondering if anyone else saw a recent push back of their delivery date.

Interesting... We've been waiting until Oct 31 to place our order so that we can push out the build date as far as possible.
I'm hoping the reasoning for the big delay is some major physical update to the car, which has been posted on several threads. Still annoying for us because we were hoping to take delivery of the car before the holidays (thus an Oct. 1 order date). But I'd rather wait and get the latest refresh update then take delivery and have the car change two seconds later.

Same here. I'm worried that if they updated the interior, and if i order now, the car will be outdated soon. Some folks say update is coming 2Q 2018, others say this November. I'm confused, and without a car at the moment..!

Reactions: Nda721
Long story made kinda short...

I ordered on Oct 7th, confirmed on 11th. DS said my production is scheduled to start second week of Dec., but that they would be doing everything they could to get me behind the wheel before 2018. If production does happen at that time, seems like worst case would be delivery of early Jan 2018.

As other have speculated and as I suspect also, I would think they would want to delivery as many as possible in 2017 to increase that quarter's sales numbers. I guess that can be either a good or a bad thing. Hopefully the car won't be a rush job and have QC issues.

Just need to hold tight and hope for the best!

Timing the right time to pull the trigger with Tesla, is the sooner the better, with the understanding, the model S, is always getting better, if you search the numerous threads on this site, Tesla will change something they do on the production line when ever they find a better part, I don't know how to insert a link, but google tmc model s changes by year, and you will see the constant updates thru the year, I think what we are afraid of is a big refresh, like the front nose, AP1, AP2, while the interior has constantly been changing too.... like the seats...

So, just jump in and get one, and enjoy it.... thats why I said the sooner you do it ... if you can, lease it and then get a new one in 3 years :) there will be a lot of changes in 3 years thats for sure... look at the growth of Model S

remember it went from 40, 60 and 85, then 70-75, 85-90-100....

I know the conversation is happening a lot right now, but I wanted to share my own delivery update. Placed the order on October 1, been sitting with a delivery date of December-Early January, DS said it would be mid-December, now saying January-Early February. Emailed the DS asking why it would shift that far back, but was wondering if anyone else saw a recent push back of their delivery date.
Did you order a S100D ? As far as I can see all the 75 models are getting pushed to the front of the line...

I ordered the 75D. Located in Pennsylvania. Spoke with the DS, he said still anticipating mid-December but it hasn't gone into production yet. Really hoping to get it before the holidays and all the driving we have planned, but it's out of our hands.

You can’t go by the estimated delivery date. It changes back and forth and is not accurate. Your DS is the only one with accurate info. I had my late September early October q3 date pushed to late November 2-3 weeks before I actually picked up my car. They always do US orders in the last month of quarter for the most part and they do everything in their power to deliver before the end of quarter.

I ordered 75D Sept 22, confirmed September 26, and vin shortly thereafter. When I ordered, the website said later November delivery. Shortly after, it updated to late Dec or early January. Today I heard from my DS that the car is due to reach the dealership on Dec 18th. Website has not updated off of “scheduled for production”.

I’m in Ontario.

Waiting sucks!

Reactions: SmartElectric
I ordered 75D Sept 22, confirmed September 26, and vin shortly thereafter. When I ordered, the website said later November delivery. Shortly after, it updated to late Dec or early January. Today I heard from my DS that the car is due to reach the dealership on Dec 18th. Website has not updated off of “scheduled for production”.

I’m in Ontario.

Waiting sucks!
Thanks for the update! That gives me hope that I'll hear about mine in about a week. I agree, waiting sucks!

I ordered Oct 26th (order confirmed Oct 29th) and did so to make sure I would be able to get the car in 2017. My OA assured me again on Oct 30th that I would still get the car in December. After reading some of the posts here and the announcement of possibly pulling resources from the S & X production lines to get the 3 on track, now Im worried I wont get the car until Jan/Feb. The new GOP bill to eliminate the credit could now pass and I may not get any tax credit at all if 2018 delivery. I was really counting on getting it in 2017. Had I known Id be pushed into 2018 I would have most def waited for the coming interior refresh.... The design studio still shows as December delivery if you order today, but now AFTER my order confirmed it says late january-Feb 2018 in "my tesla" page. I hope my OA is right about the timeline...

I ordered Oct 26th (order confirmed Oct 29th) and did so to make sure I would be able to get the car in 2017. My OA assured me again on Oct 30th that I would still get the car in December. After reading some of the posts here and the announcement of possibly pulling resources from the S & X production lines to get the 3 on track, now Im worried I wont get the car until Jan/Feb. The new GOP bill to eliminate the credit could now pass and I may not get any tax credit at all if 2018 delivery. I was really counting on getting it in 2017. Had I known Id be pushed into 2018 I would have most def waited for the coming interior refresh.... The design studio still shows as December delivery if you order today, but now AFTER my order confirmed it says late january-Feb 2018 in "my tesla" page. I hope my OA is right about the timeline...

I am in very similar situation :( I know exactly how you feel. I also have additional incentive from my company which expires Dec 31... My DS has not responded to my numerous email, which is super annoying... My OA on the other hand is top notch and still assured me that I would get it this year. But nothing I can do now... sigh...