Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio Updates!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Lots of changes in the design studio. For example:

Aero and Cyclone wheels.
Obeche and Lacewood now upgrades, carbon fiber too
Parking Sensors!
Cold Weather Package
Tire Options
Lighting Package
Fog Lamps
Ultra Sound
Different (higher) prices for many options
Lions, Tigers, Bears, oh my!

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/design

Some things standard on 85 that are for fee upgrades on 60 - and so on with P85. I see how we'll get to 25% gross margins. Like.

Website updated with new options

The website has been updated with the options including winter package, fog lights, and parking sensors. It also added lots of different options in terms of customization. No information on the retrofit yet. Fingers crossed. Will we all get fog lights if we ordered the text package earlier?

New options are up on Design Studio

All kinds of changes. Check it out on Design Studio.

$ 500 Parking sensors
$3,500 Tech package
$2,500 Pano roof
$2,700 HPWC
$1,500 Spoiler
$2,250 Air suspension
$ 500 Fog lights
$2,500 Ultra high fidelity sound
$2,500 Extended leather trim
$1,500 Alcantara head liner
$2,500 Rear facing seats
$1,000 Premium interior lighting
$ 750 Subzero weather package
$1,000 Michelin Primacy Tire upgrade (price for 60kWh)

Aerodynamic wheels are back too.

Last edited:
What options are different from the P85+ you could order last week. I think the fog lights are new, but the other options just got more expensive IMO, CF spoiler, air suspension, sound package, etc. I think that the same car as mine is $12k more expensive. I don't really know how much different it is than what I just had delivered...

What options are different from the P85+ you could order last week. I think the fog lights are new, but the other options just got more expensive IMO, CF spoiler, air suspension, sound package, etc. I think that the same car as mine is $12k more expensive. I don't really know how much different it is than what I just had delivered...

You can compare it against the previous options and prices here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20130709231029/http://www.teslamotors.com/models/options

Keep in mind that the base price of the P85 is now down to $83'570 where it used to be $87'400.

Some pretty incredible options, including the "Leilani Special" where you can select Textile Interior even on a Perf (or non-perf Nappa leather, for that matter). Really hoping some of these are back-portable, else it may be time to start dreaming of a new (or second!) Tesla...

Smart move ahead of earnings call. I bet Tesla sees increased web traffic around those calls, and perhaps increased reservations. New design studio and pricing positions that well.

I guess Tesla have rolled this in all the various languages that are part of the design studio, correct? Norwegian, Chinese, etc?

Looks like they linked the twin chargers with buying the HPWC too. Don't really like that.

Agreed: for a certain subset of the population a 14-50 at home and dual chargers on the road is the perfect combination. But a full rollout of the Supercharger network will obviate dual chargers for road trips, so combining the two as a single option will eventually make sense, sort of.

I think Tesla would sell a more dual charger upgrades if the HPWC remained unbundled, but maybe Tesla's bean counters have concluded that the bundle will sell enough more HPWCs to improve profits. While it's not a rational choice for most people (very few people truly need an HPWC at home), faster home charging has an emotional appeal.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see it.

But wow - fully tricked out car is now $132k. Back in December if you got everything available it was $105k.

Stockholder me applauds wildly. Consumer me, not so much.

I don't see it.

But wow - fully tricked out car is now $132k. Back in December if you got everything available it was $105k.

It did that on my iPhone and crashed. Now can't reproduced it either.

Yeah, has gotten pricey. They also added the extended leather which was one of the 'exclusive' perks on the Sig. Lots of big improvements in the last year.

Smart move ahead of earnings call. I bet Tesla sees increased web traffic around those calls, and perhaps increased reservations. New design studio and pricing positions that well.

I guess Tesla have rolled this in all the various languages that are part of the design studio, correct? Norwegian, Chinese, etc?

hm not here in switzerland! no new wheel options, sound studio package is called the same way and lightning package is just around 450 dollars? carbon fiber is also included in the performance model and you cant choose performance seats in a standard model.

Last edited:
Agreed: for a certain subset of the population a 14-50 at home and dual chargers on the road is the perfect combination. But a full rollout of the Supercharger network will obviate dual chargers for road trips, so combining the two as a single option will eventually make sense, sort of.

I think Tesla would sell a more dual charger upgrades if the HPWC remained unbundled, but maybe Tesla's bean counters have concluded that the bundle will sell enough more HPWCs to improve profits. While it's not a rational choice for most people (very few people truly need an HPWC at home), faster home charging has an emotional appeal.

I agree - HPWC at home is utterly unnecessary.

Maybe what people can do is buy the option to get the dual charger, but donate the HPWC to a charity that installs them in public locations? (E.g. Plug-In North Central Washington). Should be able to take a tax deduction for that.

It did that on my iPhone and crashed. Now can't reproduced it either.

Yeah, has gotten pricey. They also added the extended leather which was one of the 'exclusive' perks on the Sig. Lots of big improvements in the last year.
]

Dont think this is the case either, i read it as just extending leather to the doors, and center console area...was part of the old leather interior package I believe. To me this is a huge disappointment. I mean you order leather seats, then you have to pay 2500 to have your dash/instrument panel, armrest/doors and and steering wheel covered in leather? How would it look if you didn't do that? This is basically a straight 2500 increase over the prior iteration, which for 1500 got you leather interior, seats and all