Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dessicant bag maintenance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local service provider wants $732 to change the dessicant bag. Seems way high when most of the time a machine is doing the work like removing coolant, evacuating and recharging. What is your experience with this?

@JPWhite

I think you just learned the hard way to never take your car to a Tesla SC unless you have no other choice. Always take your car to shops that do the work you need day in and day out. For example, Discount Tire rotates tires for free!
Yep. I get my tires and service from Discount Tire. I didn't request the tire rotation, that was a "bonus". I wish Discount Tire did alignments.

The one exception to the poor SC experience was Santa Fe. We had an issue while on a road trip and they fitted us in without delay, the experience was the best auto service experience ever, they were super good. Unfortunately its like playing a lottery with Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: aesculus
Upvote 0
I'm certainly the LAST person on the planet who would defend the actions of a service center.... But in this limited case I think that the error could have happened anywhere. They didn't rotate your tires because they cared about the tire life. When working on the alignment they likely had to remove all four wheels to get access to the adjustments (b/c Tesla's are annoying) and the tires would have been off to the side and possibly stacked up. So they didn't chalk them to know which was which, and they just got grabbed in the wrong order going back.

It IS a brain fart that they didn't look at the tread pattern or the label on the sidewall that would have indicated the rotation, that's the service center's usual level of dumbassery of missing obvious things.

Reactions: JPWhite
Upvote 0
I'm certainly the LAST person on the planet who would defend the actions of a service center.... But in this limited case I think that the error could have happened anywhere. They didn't rotate your tires because they cared about the tire life. When working on the alignment they likely had to remove all four wheels to get access to the adjustments (b/c Tesla's are annoying) and the tires would have been off to the side and possibly stacked up. So they didn't chalk them to know which was which, and they just got grabbed in the wrong order going back.

It IS a brain fart that they didn't look at the tread pattern or the label on the sidewall that would have indicated the rotation, that's the service center's usual level of dumbassery of missing obvious things.
Agree anyone can make a mistake. But five test drives and I assume five alignments is taking a simple mistake to the next level. AFter a few tries they should have stepped back and questioned what the heck was occuring.

Reactions: geordi
Upvote 0