Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Destination fee and tax credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe it's before destination. If you go on Tesla's site and you can figure a vehicle it'll tell you whether or not that vehicle qualifies for the tax credit. I went on there and built one with an MSRP of 54.990 which is over 55,000. Once you add destination and that still qualifies. I'm not an accountant but the destination fee, taxes and dealer accessories I believe or not included in the MSRP

Reactions: Sohaib89
Their website certainly makes it sound like it's before destination. Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't abuse it and increase the destination fee to $2,000 or $3,000. I recently ordered a Mercedes and its destination fee was $2,000+.

Based on MSRP

"The MSRP, as defined by the IRS, is the base retail price provided by the manufacturer plus the retail price of each accessory or optional piece of equipment that is physically present on the car at the time of delivery to the dealer. MSRP does not include taxes and other fees added on by the dealer."

I believe it's before destination. If you go on Tesla's site and you can figure a vehicle it'll tell you whether or not that vehicle qualifies for the tax credit. I went on there and built one with an MSRP of 54.990 which is over 55,000. Once you add destination and that still qualifies. I'm not an accountant but the destination fee, taxes and dealer accessories I believe or not included in the MSRP
Is order fee $ 250 counted towards vehicle purchase price or not? If counted then your price $ 54,990 would be above 55,000 tax eligibility. Please let me know

The $250 is added to the cost of the car on the top section, and then it is subtracted out at the bottom of the price details.

This is my price details from Wells Fargo loan I was approved for on the tesla app.

White / Black MY

Model Y = 39,990.00
Long Range = 13,000.00
Destination Fee = 1390.00
Order Fee = 250.00

Car Price 54630.00

If i take off the destination fee it equals 53,240, take another 250.00 off, and you get the msrp of 52,990.00

Then, when you scroll down to the very bottom, it gives a -250.00 credit, for payments received "order deposit".

It appears to me that what Tesla used to call an order deposit of $250 and was applied to the purchase price is now called an order fee and is in addition to the purchase price.
But I could be wrong if what kbr0125 says is still true after the recent price changes.

I think the fee is safe just weird how they show it at the top.

Attachments

• 98252D66-99CE-4816-8CD9-7E2FEC5DD6B6.png
    98252D66-99CE-4816-8CD9-7E2FEC5DD6B6.png
    296.7 KB · Views: 492
Reactions: scSeattle and Ray_R
I ordered a MY with blue exterior and black interior. The price of the vehicle is under $55,000 but with the destination fee and tax will exceed $55,000. Will I still be eligible for the tax credit assuming delivery before March?