Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Detailed Review of Software Update 2018.48.12.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The video just goes over all the stuff that all the blogs and other vlogers are going over the past 24 hours.

Do you have any other feedback? How's the speed of the MCU, any improvements in autopilot. Any difference in the driving experiences in the different modes (chill, sport, insane or ludicrous), etc... Does the auto wiper feel different (ie, could it be using the new neural network).
I answer a lot of those questions on my YouTube channel Nick's Testa Like and post a few videos a week.
Did a whole video on the MCU - and it is much faster compared to my HW1 Model S.
I've done a bunch of videos on V9 and it has definitely improved autopilot, especially with understanding the road surface and road lines.
Really just keep my Model 3 in Sport mode, don't have ludicrous.
I've done a few videos on the auto wipers and they still suck, I've heard they use a neural network.

I absolutely love the extras and they make the car even more fun to own. Having said that I do wish Tesla would double their software development team so we could get both fun stuff AND fixes and substantive enhancements
I don't disagree but at least the Keep Climate On enhancement is substantial and a great feature.

Reactions: insaneoctane
Well, I wouldn’t say that. With macOS and iOS updates (as with most all software updates for devices other than cars), you can manually start the update at any time after it is released to everyone. You don’t have to wait for the next time your device checks for available updates.

With Tesla, barring special circumstances, you don’t get the update until your vehicle is sent it – potentially many weeks after it was first introduced and likely after newer updates are sent to other vehicles. But then, it’s a car, and I don’t know of anyone else doing over-the-air updates for cars.

In AppleLand, the first 8 hours after an update is just like 4 weeks after a Tesla update: they are both “rolling”. Elon-time is real!

;)

iOS Tesla 3.8 is out! As was said it may take a while for everyone to see it.

One interesting thing I’m seeing is that you need Climate running to turn on the seats (and wheel in my X). Checking to see if it will leave them on if you turn the Climate off. As you may want to only run seats, etc.