Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Details Model 3 interior walk-through

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thoughts:

I am not discouraged at all by lack of OTA radio, BT music, automatic wipers or other basic creature comforts. Tesla made a decision to push the hardware out first and patch the software later in order to get these cars into customer's hands sooner. I feel these functions will be there when regular customers take delivery, if not shortly thereafter.

My thoughts:

I am not discouraged at all by lack of OTA radio, BT music, automatic wipers or other basic creature comforts. Tesla made a decision to push the hardware out first and patch the software later in order to get these cars into customer's hands sooner. I feel these functions will be there when regular customers take delivery, if not shortly thereafter.

I would be extremely surprised if BT audio from phones was not working at the time outside customers start taking delivery.

My thoughts:

Still jazzed at the prospect of getting my Model 3, but this seems kind of half-baked. All these issues should have been sorted before production, IMHO.

No automatic wipers, lights?
No streaming music with bluetooth?
Use of cheap looking plastic (around the windowbuttons)
The seats are to flat, not sporty ath all.
This isnt germain bild like by a long shot!
But does it break down with $3,000 repairs just out of warranty, like German cars seem to be designed to do? ;)

I noticed these two great videos on Youtube. Just thought that they are too good not to share.

Walk-through of interiors. Probably the best ones from Youtube so far.

Walk-through of screen controls

The lack of basic knowledge of the guy doing the Texas delivery was cringeworthingly bad.

“Slacker needs internet to work, really?”

Sheesh.

Reactions: jhs_7645
Here's a stalk-mounted wiper control. What's the control logic here? Operate the stalk, and the menu pops up and you reach over and run them from the touch screen? Or are there two ways (for some bizarre reason) to turn on the wipers?
Robin
View attachment 249507

Looks to me like:
(1) Windshield wipers: press and release for 1 pass, press and hold for washer spray and at least 1 pass (I’d guess 2-3 passes). Given the presence of rain sensor, I’m thinking that actual use of the wipers during rain is supposed to be completely automated.

(2) Turn signals

(3) Hi-beams. Probably pull & release to flash and push to hold.

As someone who drives a Honda with manual control over almost everything, I do find the simplification and relegation of functions to automation as novel. However, this car is designed with self-driving in mind.

Automation of some functionality should theoretically allow the driver to focus on the road (for those of us who like to drive), as long as the automation actually works and requires no intervention.

It's similar to how wipers functioned in an early 70's era land yacht. You had slow and fast, that's it. All we need now is the floor button to turn on the high beams!

Intermittent variable is typically implemented with a twist ring on Hondas. I’m guessing Tesla decided it wasn’t worth it if the wipers were going to be working automatically most of the time.

Reactions: Waiting4M3
Looks to me like:
(1) Windshield wipers: press and release for 1 pass, press and hold for washer spray and at least 1 pass (I’d guess 2-3 passes). Given the presence of rain sensor, I’m thinking that actual use of the wipers during rain is supposed to be completely automated.

(2) Turn signals

(3) Hi-beams. Probably pull & release to flash and push to hold.

As someone who drives a Honda with manual control over almost everything, I do find the simplification and relegation of functions to automation as novel. However, this car is designed with self-driving in mind.

Automation of some functionality should theoretically allow the driver to focus on the road (for those of us who like to drive), as long as the automation actually works and requires no intervention.
The consensus in this forum seems to be that there is no dedicated rain sensor. Most people think the small sensor on the windshield is for light/HVAC and that rain sensing was supposed to be done using TeslaVision (i.e. the cameras). Unfortunately, Tesla hasn't figured it out yet based on the complaints from Model S owners with AP2.0.

The consensus in this forum seems to be that there is no dedicated rain sensor. Most people think the small sensor on the windshield is for light/HVAC and that rain sensing was supposed to be done using TeslaVision (i.e. the cameras). Unfortunately, Tesla hasn't figured it out yet based on the complaints from Model S owners with AP2.0.

Hopefully Tesla will figure it out one way or another... because the current setup is a PITA if the driver has to use the touch screen for slow and fast pass with the wipers.

I felt the same way this morning when watching that video. I'd previously talked with my local stereo/sound shop and discussed the instillation of a quality 10" sub and amp in my coming Model-3, but maybe this will not be necessary.

I have yet to see someone who had their higher end brand new car ripped apart by those monkeys who was happy bout it six months later.

Stripped fasteners and lost screws in door panels along with lots of other fun. Just not worth it.