Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DFW Model S Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model S LR with 21 rims in April and had delivery about 6 weeks ago. Still working through all the delivery issues as the Plano service center is backed up 4 weeks or more. Does anyone have a recommendation for Paint Protection warp in Mckinney, Frisco , Plano area? I want to get my front covered and already getting a few small chips after 2000 miles.
Highly recommend Thom at Pro-Tect Mobile. #1 Car Paint Protection Film & Clear Bra Installer in NTX | Pro-Tect Mobile

He did a stealth PPF wrap on my BMW M5 and I'll be taking my Plaid when I get it later this month. Prices are very competitive too.

Cedar Springs location. Yes lots of Plaids, the newest ones had better fit on the hood, the ones last week needed major realignment to the hoods especially passenger side hood. The latest today had a paper hanging in the rear window titled "BEST FIT" do not realign.
I went by and was able to see the Red Plaid they had waiting to be delivered. Reminded me why I was so smitten with the car in the first place. We have been looking at the Porcshe Taycan and almost placed an order. Alex at the Cedar Springs location was great to talk me through the car. We didn‘t sit in the new one but I get a good look.

I ordered at the end of July. Model S LR Red with Cream with the standard wheels. Delivery is sometime in December. Happy Bday and Merry Christmas to me.
After I ordered we looked at the Porsche and almost pulled the trigger. Had a chance to see a new Red Plaid and I fell in love all over again.
I am out in the Rockwall/Heath area. This is my first car to pick out in over 20 years as I have been driving a lease car from my employer.
My husband has the new Corvette and had his PPF done at XPEL Dallas. He was super happy with it.

Pm'd you.

Anyone have quotes yet from any of these shops so we can narrow down?
Not sure if I should publicly share pricing and the name so PM me:

there’s a shop in North Texas that will do a full gloss PPF wrap for $4k. I’ve used him before for my stealth PPF on an M5 and referred him to friends for an X7, Model 3, and Corvette. I’ll be using him again for a stealth wrap on my Black Plaid.

Reactions: Melteye
Also, my Plaid was delivered earlier today and is sitting at Cedar Springs. I drove by and found it tonight. Hoping to get it sooner than my Monday Delivery Date.

Attachments

• B52CC7E8-6EF9-4C20-81A9-0F6DCB0EDE1A.jpeg
    B52CC7E8-6EF9-4C20-81A9-0F6DCB0EDE1A.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 125
  • C512EA30-E994-4853-90F6-5D60C72F15D7.jpeg
    C512EA30-E994-4853-90F6-5D60C72F15D7.jpeg
    764.6 KB · Views: 80
Hello, newbie and new Tesla owner. I’ve ordered a 2021 Model S LR MS w/ black interior & 19” wheels that is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Ordered it back on May 2. They’re delivering to my house and when I called to ask if I could pick it up they said they could only deliver it in our area due to COVID conditions. Has that been others’ experience?

I have a car scheduled for delivery next Thursday to my home as well in Dallas. I intend to do a visual inspection on Monday when the car arrives to the SC to see what issues if any are obvious before I let the deliver it to me.

I ordered a Model S LR with 21 rims in April and had delivery about 6 weeks ago. Still working through all the delivery issues as the Plano service center is backed up 4 weeks or more. Does anyone have a recommendation for Paint Protection warp in Mckinney, Frisco , Plano area? I want to get my front covered and already getting a few small chips after 2000 miles.
Speed Shield in Addision is THE place to go for Tesla’s. Trey and his team always do an excellent job.

I have used Auto Source Texas. Ask for Mo (I think he knows the most and would recommend talking to him if possible), Amir, or Eddie. They have an installer that is amazing and they do really good work.

All Xpel and pricing is better than most out there and could get it sooner than most.

full disclosure, I have bought probably 7 cars through them and always had them do it and have had good experience.

Looking for some help with a few questions:
- If you’ve received your car in the last few weeks in Dallas, did you pick it up or was it delivered? I read on the delivery thread that COVID precautions were forcing home deliveries.
- Anyone have feedback on J’s Tint & Car Audio? Or any other PPF/tint shops in Dallas you recommend?
Thanks!

LR MSM Cream/Walnut/19/No FSD, OD 3/25, EDD 9/24-9/30, No VIN (but hopeful it’s coming in the next few days😊)

My Plaid arrived to Cedar Springs today for delivery on Thursday. I got tired of waiting on my White/White and snagged a Red/White wood with 21" wheels. I really like the white interior. Based on what I could see externally, all the panels look aligned and didn't see any issues with the interior. It is a 442xxx vin.

Reactions: reddy
Looking for some help with a few questions:
- If you’ve received your car in the last few weeks in Dallas, did you pick it up or was it delivered? I read on the delivery thread that COVID precautions were forcing home deliveries.
- Anyone have feedback on J’s Tint & Car Audio? Or any other PPF/tint shops in Dallas you recommend?
Thanks!

LR MSM Cream/Walnut/19/No FSD, OD 3/25, EDD 9/24-9/30, No VIN (but hopeful it’s coming in the next few days😊)
My Plaid was delivered to my home.

I used J's Tint a few years ago and their work was pretty good. It could have been better for the windshield tint - I just never took my car back for them to fix. They also installed a sub/amp for me and went above and beyond.

I just had my tint done by XPEL on Haggar Way and PPF by Pro-tect Mobile in Addison.

Attachments

• 5C54EEDF-5906-4B22-882C-9242E203821A_1_201_a.jpeg
    5C54EEDF-5906-4B22-882C-9242E203821A_1_201_a.jpeg
    518 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: Paul8810
Two thumbs up for Pro-Tect Mobile in Addison. They did an awesome job with my bumper, fenders, hood and mirrors for $1200. I also did the ceramic coating but I do not recall what that cost (I think around $800 with a 10 year warranty). He had 3 Tesla's in when I was there and said he has done a lot the last few weeks. There was another Blue Models S - exactly like mine but Plaid. He was not on board to switch the plates to see if the other car would notice:)