Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did any Model X ever have AM radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't find any way to change to the AM band on our X75D with MCU1.
I've seen conflicting info but if it's available I can't find it. Direct tuning to an AM frequency doesn't work.
I know the newer Tesla's don't have it but did any ever have AM radio?
Thanks!
My 2015 Model S had AM, but that was the last of mine. IIRC It barely worked, only getting very local stations, really poor.

Reactions: Falcon73
That's a couple years before our model X so maybe they never put one in the Model X I'm wondering?

Do you remember how you selected it? If I click radio it just shows me the FM stations I favorited and if I try direct tune it doesn't let me put in say 640. I don't see any other options.

That's a couple years before our model X so maybe they never put one in the Model X I'm wondering?

Do you remember how you selected it? If I click radio it just shows me the FM stations I favorited and if I try direct tune it doesn't let me put in say 640. I don't see any other options.
It was just a button like the the FM button. But the user interface on the 2015 S, neither looked nor worked like anything like today's software. And yes, I believe no Model X ever had AM. My first X was a 2018, so I may have missed the very early Model Xs

Reactions: Falcon73 and bmah
I also don't see anything about XM satellite radio. I've attached a pic of the sources. Am I missing anything I should have?

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG20230521204437.jpg
    IMG20230521204437.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 73