Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did anyone not get the update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on Beta 10.6.1 and still didn't get the update and waiting very impatiently lol. I'm in NY...

1. I have software version 2021.36.8.10 (FSD Beta v.10.6.1) and own an early 2021 Model X LR + (5-searer).

2. I can empathize with you. I also am waiting for 2021.44.25.6 (v.10.8), which I hope will provide features that non-FSD Beta cars have already enjoyed for several weeks/months.

3. First, be aware that (a) Not A Tesla App provides extensive information about current, and upcoming Tesla vehicle and phone app software updates.

4. Two, note that Teslascope and Teslafi use their aftermarket phone-app subscriber databases to track Tesla software downloads.

5. Three, use Post #1 of Trying to Make Sense... to picture two major Tesla software download pathways and to understand what cars may or may not be eligible for updates.

6. Four, understand that you are not alone. Hundreds, thousands, or perhaps more are in the same position--waiting for the same or similar software version.

7. The resources mentioned tell me that Tesla software versions 2021.44.25.2 (non-FSD Beta) and 2021.44.25.6 (FSD Beta) are seemingly being rolled out slowly, primarily to Models 3 and Y first. Only a small number of Model S, and fewer still Model X, are currently receiving "25.2" and very few, if any, "25.6." Why?

Unknown. I could speculate, but if you read my discussion in Trying to Make Sense... you'll begin to understand that (a) non-Tesla employees often cannot know the precise rational behind software roll-outs, (b) there only a few good tips to follow to ensure that we have the best chance of receiving timely downloads, and (c) otherwise we just have to be patient and try not to fret. As Tesla owners it is easy to become somewhat spoiled; we grow to expect regular downloads. But the Tesla software development and dissemination program is complicated. Tesla pushes software downloads slowly, probably in order to contain and control any unforseen problems. This particularly important with the download of a "big" version (with many new features).

8. I suspect that Models S and X (pre- and post-refresh) may have to wait for subsequent ("bug fixed") versions. Or they may receive the software tonight, tomorrow, or next week. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Informative
Reactions: besnova
I'm on Beta 10.6.1 and still didn't get the update and waiting very impatiently lol. I'm in NY.

There should be an actual download button, especially if I choose Advanced.
Apparently no Model S or Model X with vertical displays have received the Holiday Update yet. They must be having some issues running the new UI on vertical displays, so the Holiday Update has been delayed.

1. Two, note that Teslascope and Teslafi use their aftermarket phone-app subscriber databases to track Tesla software downloads.

Teslafi does not use a phone-app subscriber database to track downloads. Vast majority of Teslafi users would have no idea Teslafi even has a phone app and would never have installed it. I haven't.

140 days since my car last updated! My purely speculative reason for why I have waited so long is that Tesla see a reason to keep some users on older builds for reference purposes.

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352
Teslafi does not use a phone-app subscriber database to track downloads. Vast majority of Teslafi users would have no idea Teslafi even has a phone app and would never have installed it. I haven't.

140 days since my car last updated! My purely speculative reason for why I have waited so long is that Tesla see a reason to keep some users on older builds for reference purposes.

Sorry. I assumed it was like Teslascope. So Teslafi does not for a phone app? But it are still using a (relatively small) subscriber list of some kind as a sample, is that correct? I haven't investigated Teslafi itself, so I am not sure what products and services it offers (other than the software download tracking).

Post #6 above by DriveMe offers the best and most logical reason for the Models S and X delays (all while providing a very cool image of the good ship "Serenity"). Why didn't I think of that reason? (Because I am so used to a portrait display that I tend to forget that by far most Teslas have the landscape center display design.)

Last edited:
According to TeslaFi, the 2021.44.25.2 has just started rolling out to Model S/X cars with vertical displays in the past hour or so. Hopefully the FSD Beta update will go next.

Yes, I see that on Teslascope also; they just modified the "Models" info for 2021.44.25.2; now showing four Model X receiving that latest non-FSD Beta software. Cool. (Let the non-FSD Beta people test it first, I say. Kind of like how Brian Cox' character, Logan Roy, let his grandkid test his food for poison on "Succession." :))

I’m not on the FSD beta, but as of right now I still haven’t been pushed the holiday update. I’ve been on 2021.36.5.1 since October 25th. No idea why I suddenly got punted into update pergatory after over a year of consistent updates (1 or 2 a month, typically).

I’m not on the FSD beta, but as of right now I still haven’t been pushed the holiday update. I’ve been on 2021.36.5.1 since October 25th. No idea why I suddenly got punted into update pergatory after over a year of consistent updates (1 or 2 a month, typically).

I empathize. Most of us have been subject to the whims of Tesla mangement practices. A void in information tends to be filled with rumors and anxiety. See my Post # 1 here: Trying to Make Sense... for more discussion on the issue of being update "frozen." There are no definite answers, but at least we can realize that we are not alone. On the other hand, I think we are all spoiled (compared to being customers of other, more traditional car manufacturers). It occurs to me that being a customer of Tesla is kind of like being in a relationship with am exciting, intoxicating, but undependable romantic partner. You are inevitably frustrated and hurt, but never bored...

• Funny
Reactions: gaspi101
I’ve owned Teslas for 6 years and have never gotten a Christmas update. Doesn’t seem useful, so I don’t care.
Seems I'm in the same boat. I've not received an update on my Dec. build 2017 Model X in about a month. A little salty about it, tbh, I would have thought the Beta testers would get more rapid updates for at least the autopilot improvements, but nope...My 2018 Model 3 got the christmas update and it included a huge FSD Beta improvement, in my opinion, but the 2017 Model X, which was built just a few months earlier, has received nada...I really don't understand Tesla sometimes.

As of this morning it does not look as if any legacy FSD Beta MS or MX have received the FSD Beta 10.8 update or the V11 update. No one knows why and either does Tesla support. I chatted with them yesterday and all they said was I had the correct hardware for the V11/10.8 update and should get it. Still on 10.6.1.

Reactions: DriveMe
Downloading .6 now!
4090610C-2849-4C7D-BAF7-99E932171140.png

Reactions: DriveMe