TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Did he really say this?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Patrick W, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

A friend sent this to me saying he found it on Facebook. I watched the Model X event and don't remember Mr. Musk saying this. Did he?

Regardless, it still gave me a good laugh. :)

0vw.jpg

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

#2 Discoducky, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Nope, inuendo maybe construed by some.

3. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

He did not. But the timing certainly is interesting...

4. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

He also said "as clean as a hospital's operating room". I'd probably rather breath smog than a hospital's indoor air but both make a lot of people sick. The operating rooms have different air treatments than the rest of the hospital.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

I would say innuendo construed by most. It seemed very apparent to me (at least) that he was making reference to VW without mentioning them by name. I think almost everyone in the crowd got the "joke".

An evening up close with the Tesla Model X | Ars Technica

6. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

Regardless it's a joke a or, VW is a disgrace company. Driving behind a TDI is like driving up to 40 cars that emitted nitrogen oxide allowed in US. I hope VW get the hardest punishment.

On positive side, this scandal will toughen car emission test on all auto manufactures. In the long run it benefits consumers.