Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Did I miss a Tweet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since when was it confirmed the model 3 would have solar roofs, and be pushed back to June?
I think one of us may be misinformed!

Tesla Model 3 news: Production deadline pushed back to June

QUOTE: " The projected figures still fall short compared to what the company once promised, and is now facing dire straits financially. The "production hell," which was used by Musk, is largely due to the factories' inability to successfully establish and integrate the solar panel roofs feature onto the Tesla 3. So far, the roofs have not worked well enough to get past the development stage, and is causing the company billions of dollars".

I'm 95% sure he said that he really tried and put a good team on it but it's not efficient enough. It must have been in a talk or something.
If they tried a bit better, they could have upgraded M3 to this:
d3fe6b842d30eee66a94f570003a8449.jpg