Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did not get any updates after 2023.27.7

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my 2023 Model Y, I have not received any new updates since a couple of months. I am on 2023.27.7. I called the Tesla toll free number and they said that I am up to date and the updates will be sent according to the location and they are staggered in nature. I feel like I am quite behind on the updates. Any body in the same boat?

• Informative
Reactions: spectrum
You are in FSDb release which is different from the regular release, yours are the latest. There are sites that track the release like teslafi.com teslascope.com. One you are in FSDb, you can expect fewer and less frequent updates (than the regular branch)

Reactions: SidetrackedSue
You are in FSDb release which is different from the regular release, yours are the latest. There are sites that track the release like teslafi.com teslascope.com. One you are in FSDb, you can expect fewer and less frequent updates (than the regular branch)
I'm also FSDb - but 2023.32.4 - which is newer so I don't believe it is accurate to say that 2023.27.x is the latest (mine is also a 2023 MY).

After 6 years of owning Tesla's though I can say that releases can seem very random. Even having two of them in our garage they are often on different releases - sometimes for a couple of months. Both with FSDb and both set to "advanced".

To the original poster - it does not seem like anything is wrong. These things get batched out and to you - as an end user - they will seem random. Just make sure you are on Wi-Fi at home and you'll eventually get the next update when it is released for your particular VIN.

I'm also FSDb - but 2023.32.4 - which is newer so I don't believe it is accurate to say that 2023.27.x is the latest (mine is also a 2023 MY).

After 6 years of owning Tesla's though I can say that releases can seem very random. Even having two of them in our garage they are often on different releases - sometimes for a couple of months. Both with FSDb and both set to "advanced".

To the original poster - it does not seem like anything is wrong. These things get batched out and to you - as an end user - they will seem random. Just make sure you are on Wi-Fi at home and you'll eventually get the next update when it is released for your particular VIN.

The release notes tells the actual FSDb version.

There are two “tracks” of FSD beta.

The general FSD beta track is on FSD beta v11.4.4 and shares the base software with non-FSD cars. The latest base software version is 2023.44.1, although most cars are still on 2023.38.9.

The original FSD beta track (cars that were on FSDb before they opened up to everyone) is on FSD beta v11.4.7.3 and 2023.27.7 which was released Oct 19. These cars have the latest FSD beta versions but could be deemed less stable and have older base software versions.

So OP, you car is where is should be.

What @E90alex said. Version 2023.27.7 (which I am also on) is the latest version of FSD 11.4.7.3. It's as new as it gets. There are newer software versions but all with older versions of FSD.

See TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker. No it doesn't make sense to me either but it's the price to be paid to be on the FSD bleeding edge release.

If using subscription you could probably let it lapse for a month and get newer software with older FSD. Maybe. 🤔 If purchased I don't think there is anything anyone can do.

New Model Y owner here so I'm learning from all your experiences. My MYLR was delivered on Oct 21 with 2023.32.100.1. About a week later it received an update to 2023.38.4. Since then nothing. Along the way I signed up for FSD beta and paid monthly and got FSD v11.4.4. Since then no updates.

I'm hearing of a yearly big holiday update tradition. I hope I will receive that. Fingers crossed.

We should be moving up to 2023.44.30 in the next few days according to Tesla.

At no cost to customers, affected vehicles will receive an over-the-air software remedy, which is expected to begin deploying to certain affected vehicles on or shortly after December 12, 2023, with software version 2023.44.30. These include vehicles equipped with an in-cabin camera and Autopilot Hardware 3.0 or Autopilot Hardware 4.0.

We should be moving up to 2023.44.30 in the next few days according to Tesla.
Likely we will get 23.44.25.x and then get 23.44.30.x sometime in early to mid January (they are just starting to test 23.44.30 today and that means weeks before it is rolled out to everyone). Tesla has lots of time and doesn't even have to notify anyone until mid February. So as usual Tesla will have installed all the updates well before it is even required to notify anyone in February.

Remember in a normal recall this would mean that "repairs" on 2 million cars would likely not be expected to be completed until probably after August or maybe even the end of next year.

Likely we will get 23.44.25.x and then get 23.44.30.x sometime in early to mid January (they are just starting to test 23.44.30 today and that means weeks before it is rolled out to everyone). Tesla has lots of time and doesn't even have to notify anyone until mid February. So as usual Tesla will have installed all the updates well before it is even required to notify anyone in February.

Remember in a normal recall this would mean that "repairs" on 2 million cars would likely not be expected to be completed until probably after August or maybe even the end of next year.

According to Tesla, they have an update ready to roll out (I agree, signs of that aren't showing up on update trackers.)

At no cost to customers, affected vehicles will receive an over-the-air software remedy, which is expected to begin deploying to certain affected vehicles on or shortly after December 12, 2023, with software version 2023.44.30.

And, if Tesla is making deliveries, that means they have already done the update in existing vehicles they have. NHTSA reminded them they are not allowed to deliver any cars still under the recall.

And there is one report of someone buying a used Tesla from them with the limitations in place.

So I suspect that it will be a matter of weeks for those of us with HW3 and 4 and longer for the older fleet (Tesla indicates as such.)

As for length of recall, I sold my Toyota while it had been under the airbag recall for years. And it was another couple of years before my number came up to get the work done. Thankfully, I could pass that along to the new owner since I had sold privately. Software updates, in many ways, will revolutionize the recall process. On the other hand, it also means that it makes Tesla free to push out features that are not robust because the cost of a recall is a fraction of what it would be had they shipped a car with an unproven, physical, part that would need to be swapped out. In the case of Tesla, without a robust dealer network, a physical part recall would be a nightmare now that they are shipping upwards to a million vehicles a year.