Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Did not receive the 5000 Supercharger miles from a referral

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I referred a friend who put here deposit down for the Model 3 on 5/16. She used my referral code. She took delivery today but my account said I received 1000 miles not the 5K. Any idea what happened that I didn't get the 5K.

722D6571-784E-4E28-BC03-FF0395B8B2C3.jpeg
I took delivery over a month ago and they still haven’t even been able to add the miles to my account. The referral shows up (it was my code) but I’m still paying for supercharging. I was simply told “it will show up eventually”. This program has been a total mess.

This seems to be a fairly common complaint. Two things I can think of for you to try while you are waiting for Tesla to fix this:

1) Remove your credit card from your Tesla account so that when you go to an SC it doesn’t charge your card. I believe it should still charge your vehicle and accumulate a balance that will eventually show up when you go in for service. By then hopefully it will be fixed though.

2) If they do charge your credit card just dispute the charges. Eventually someone at Tesla will have to respond and fix it for you.

My sales person assured me that the referral would be applied and the I just got this email from Tesla:

"Please be aware that your account is not eligible for referral credit. In order to qualify, we require that an inventory vehicle has a request submitted same day to have the referral code applied to your account. According to our records, your order was completed on 4/22/19, but the request was not submitted until 4/24/19. Due to this, your order is not eligible for referral credit."

What should I do?

My sales person assured me that the referral would be applied and the I just got this email from Tesla:

"Please be aware that your account is not eligible for referral credit. In order to qualify, we require that an inventory vehicle has a request submitted same day to have the referral code applied to your account. According to our records, your order was completed on 4/22/19, but the request was not submitted until 4/24/19. Due to this, your order is not eligible for referral credit."

What should I do?

Wow I’m totally surprised that Tesla wouldn’t just apply it to your account. It’s not worth much to them, especially since it’s got 6 month use limit. And a car was sold, so.... ask your sales advisor

Tesla has certainly made a lot of people mad with supercharging credits over the past couple of years. When I got mine it took a couple of months to get "6 months free" promotion to go through. I am still upset by the amount of work I had to do to push it through. It appears they are set on this path of upsetting their customers over what amounts to next to nothing for them. For example, in my case I probably saved $100 of supercharging costs over the 6 months.

Reactions: ebmcs03
So after a month of only having the 1k and contacting the referral email address from Tesla.com, the 5k miles magically showed up today. Contact the referral email address. They were super nice ands super helpful. It just took a few extra days.

Reactions: DOC52
I referred a friend who put here deposit down for the Model 3 on 5/16. She used my referral code. She took delivery today but my account said I received 1000 miles not the 5K. Any idea what happened that I didn't get the 5K.

My Supercharger miles were updated in the last couple days.

Is there a way to see the expiration date for the miles you have available?