Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Difference Between P100D & P100DL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P100DL is forum short hand for a P100D with Ludicrous mode, like your car.

The language came from when P85Ds and P90Ds came without Ludicrous as well and we needed to know if the car in question had Ludicrous to understand where the poster was coming from.

L is just short for Ludicrous. For the 90's you could order the car with or without Ludicrous. It was standard on the P100D for a long time, but it seems as if Tesla has been willing to remove it from inventory cars over the past few weeks to close the sale.

I am picking up my car on Friday and never had heard of th P100DL? My new car is the P100D, with Ludicrous. Can someone please explain.

Thanks,
One more thing. There is another shorthand reference. Because Tesla applies this P100D on the back of your car and P85D on mine, some us just use an underline instead of the added L. Some of use use either indiscriminately altering with our moods.

Anyway, yours will be even more Ludicrous than will be mine or P90D because yours will be almost a half-secnd quicker 0-60 MPH than is mine. Both are beyond Insane by a considerable margin, by nomenclature and reality.:eek:

Enjoy! Try to avoid speeding violations, IMO your greatest risk. :cool::D

According to some threads I've read recently, If you find an inventory P100D Tesla is apparently willing to remove Ludicrous from it and drop the price $10k.

then it should be called a P100D non ludicrous, as the non ludicrous versions are a special order version.

I agree with others in saying people who say they have a P100DL are highly misinformed, and probably want to make there car more expensive then its already ludicrous price.

I own a P100D, i have never called it a P100DL, because the current tesla owners will think, (noob) and the non tesla owners will think (long) like the Benz 560SEL and the Audi A8L.

For what it’s worth, the 2018 model (ordered January delivered March) that I’m taking ownership of today was listed in the order and delivery docs as a “Model S P100DL”

(And I should have used the screen name “Ploodl”.)

Attachments

• D26E411D-605C-491D-870B-598884D58AB7.png
    D26E411D-605C-491D-870B-598884D58AB7.png
    333.3 KB · Views: 262
Last edited: