Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Differences between M3 SR+ and LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no fancy electronics to keep things right but you got used to it,

I have to turn the (not so) 'fancy electronics' off in my ICE just to get up some of the hills round here when snowy otherwise it just refuses to turn the wheels due to it trying to prevent the wheels from slipping. Once electronics turned off, no issues with driving up them using feet alone. Its quite funny standing at the end of our road watching people trying to get up the hill and failing. I am pretty sure they will not have turned off their not so fancy electronics.

You presumably mean a car with a tow bar and a trailer still attached? In most locations you would need to unhitch before backing into the Supercharger space. I only tow in my local area so have never required to Supercharge.
So far I’ve only found one Supercharger location where it has been possible to charge without unhitching. There’s a lorry park close behind the charge points. Haven’t yet found one where there hasn’t been somewhere where it is possible to leave an unhitched trailer.

To return to the thread - it sounds as if it is now possible to get an SR+ with a towbar. Can anyone quote the tow weight limit for the SR+? It’s 1000kg for the LR.

You can upgrade your audio by streaming from your phone (via Bluetooth) rather than by using the built in Spotify which has quite a low bit rate. Neither have CarPlay or Android Auto so the system is compromised anyway.

The LR has the wrong battery size and as such doesn’t work with my numberplate. 😃

I have no regrets at all going for the SR+.
Android auto is available and the app that provides it is improving monthly but early days yet. TeslAA is the apps name.

To return to the thread - it sounds as if it is now possible to get an SR+ with a towbar. Can anyone quote the tow weight limit for the SR+? It’s 1000kg for the LR.

Tow weight is 1000kg for the SR+ too. I ordered mine in July 2019 (Delivered September 19) so the tow bar has been available at least since then. I think the Performance was the model that didn't support the fitting of the factory tow bar.