Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Differences between P85D and P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vitaman

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2014
Decatur, GA
Put an order in for a P100D yesterday currently driving a P85D (non Ludicrous).
Other than the improved center console, cooled seats, increased range, and better acceleration, what differences are there in the two?
Also drove a 90 X and loved the presenting doors, door closing mechanism, more forgiving suspension, better front visability, and increased interior trim. I don't need the extra seating, and the handling although better than many SUVs, would make me miss the S.... so I was only mildly tempted.
Thanks!

Reactions: jbcarioca
The nose... color matched lower trim vs the pebble grain black (which cries out for some protective film to protect it from rash), a different rear diffuser, the BIO-HAZARD filter, the fact that the front trunk is a bit smaller and has no lining trim on the bottom side of the front hood, and radar in a different place and your front defrost air vents are back under the perforated mesh....

Those come to mind...

Actually had the White interior on order for about 5 hours.
My wife reminded me that our small dogs although non shedding and no Labradors, will occasionally take a dive into a muddy stream.
The ultra white would become ultra stress.

Actually had the White interior on order for about 5 hours.
My wife reminded me that our small dogs although non shedding and no Labradors, will occasionally take a dive into a muddy stream.
The ultra white would become ultra stress.
Anecdotally: 2 shedding berners that love muddy water while hiking. White 7-seat model X interior. No issue whatsoever. A dry towel has cleaned everything off these, including a coke spill from the poorly designed upper console cupholders. If we upgrade to the 100, we'll get white again.

• Informative
Reactions: mdevp
Put an order in for a P100D yesterday currently driving a P85D (non Ludicrous).
Other than the improved center console, cooled seats, increased range, and better acceleration, what differences are there in the two?
Also drove a 90 X and loved the presenting doors, door closing mechanism, more forgiving suspension, better front visability, and increased interior trim. I don't need the extra seating, and the handling although better than many SUVs, would make me miss the S.... so I was only mildly tempted.
Thanks!
congrats! "better acceleration" in both slow speed and high speed, which is important.

This will be the 1st time I have changed cars........ to the same car!
Other than the nose cone they look virtually alike. Nice in a way but when you are spending major coin it feels better at least psychologically to have something obviously new and improved. Changed paint color, seat color and trim materials....that made me feel a bit better.
Then nico, ggny and sorka come along and make me feel a whole lot better!

I was going from the, P85DL to the 100D and parked beside the new facelift car last week. The white looks really good with the new front end. I am expecting the car to be very similar, just faster at the top end, new seats, leds (sadly not adaptive), and usb ports + cup holders and slightly wider rear Michelin PSS tires. The painted side skirts also look stunning. I myself took a sidestep on Saturday and bought an identically specced showroom P90DL. Will upgrade that to the P100D. I dont need seat ventilstion or cup holders .

I am trying to decide whether to do this myself. Still dithering. Usually I am terminally bored with any car after a year or so. This time my P85D from Dec 2014 still seems new. However, the extra range, HEPA filter and quicker (why in heavens name do I want quicker?:eek:)
My spouse says "I would not..." but she is, as always ready to enable my absurdities.:D

Reactions: Ormond
Well in reality our current cars are cat quick have sufficient range and are works of art made metal.
The 1st time I saw a picture of the updated nose I thought why? So many other things could use a refresh (WAZE like navigation, Apple Music integration, a place to stash a liter of water to the Driver's left side, ability to set an actual time for Climate control remotely (Dog in car).
I still think my list is more important but I now like the new nose better than the older one. Excuse my ignorance but I seem to remember the SAs talking about how good the air filters were 2 years ago. Is the new one noticeably better? Is it on all the time or does it need to be activated?
My decision to get the latest was purely spontaneous and not at all the way I usually deal with new cars. Have a feeling you may do the same.

Reactions: jbcarioca